Sunday, August 31, 2014

Life lately with a feisty 2.5 year old and a 3.5 month old

Our lives have been quite busy trying to get in a routine but still allow for some fun time for Zuri.  I want to spend time outside as much as we can because once winter comes outside fun isn't quite so fun!

A few benefits of our new house is the proximity to cousins!  We have had a few pool dates and a park date.  Zuri loves playing with her cousins!

This is about the best picture I could get at least everyone is looking at me!



Ashby and Zuri sliding head first down the slide!


Zuri LOVES going to the pool! Too bad it closes Tuesday :(



It is also nice to live across the street from open space and a pond.  We take Stella for walks and Zuri loves to run around the pond.  Lately Avi has been joining us in the stroller or in a wrap.

Zuri also likes to ride on the stroller too!



We have also spent some time indoors so Avi can play on her playmat and Zuri likes to help her..

We have hit a major milestone TODAY for Avi!  She rolled over for the first time from stomach to back!!!  She has only done it once but it was a definite roll as she was sitting like this...



Then rolled over!

Zuri is loving driving her police motorcycle around the house.


The evenings are some of the more difficult times sometime handling both kids for dinner, bath and bedtime alone.  Here are a few ways that I make this easier!


Bath time is together time!

Ok, they don't usually share the baby tub, but Zuri would if I let her!  Zuri sits in the big tub while Avi takes a bath in the baby tub.  Zuri likes to help pour water on Avi.

After I get done bathing Avi I take her out and get her dressed while Zuri plays more in the tub.


Then Avi will sit in her swing while I get Zuri dressed and ready for bed.


Then Avi either sits in the room with us while I read books (sits or has a bottle) or she goes to bed and I have alone time with Zuri.


Zuri is in a phase of screaming and throwing a fit when I put her to bed and leave the room.  Because of this I have been waiting to lay Avi down until after Zuri is done with her massive screaming fits!  So Avi has been getting some extra time in her swing during this time.

Then after I put both kids to bed I have some of my first alone time of the day!

No comments: