Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2 weeks old!

Each week, I am sure will be something very different. After getting out of the lights, we have discovered the Zuri, is not very happy unless she is being held. Even when I get her asleep and lay her in the swing or pack and play, she seems to wake up after about 10 minutes and start screaming. Right now she spends a lot of time in my moby, because she loves it and it allows me to get a lot of things done.

This week she had visitors. Pedro's mom and sister came to visit. They got to babysit her while I went to practice and of course, staying with her screaming, she decided to scream most of the time! After that, they spent time with her and we went shopping for a few things and had her baptism this weekend. Zuriel, was Zurianna's Godparent and so we wanted to do the baptism while she was here. Zuriel bought her a very pretty bracelet that she will be able to wear when she is a little bigger and they both bought her some cute and necessary stuff while they were here.

Her nights have been going ok. We have had mostly good nights (knock on wood). Last night was our best night, where she slept for a good 3.5 hour or so between feedings. The night before was horrible as she would not want to go back to sleep after her feedings and was really fussy, so I was very happy for last night.

She had her two week checkup on Friday and that went very well. When Zuri was born she was in the 11th percentile in weight. She is now in the 46th percentile in weight and has gained almost a whole pound, she is now up to 7lbs 6oz (up from 6lbs 7 oz). She also grew 1.25 inches and is now in the 96th percentile in height at 21.25 inches!. Amazingly, her head size is in the 25th percentile, at 13.25 inches. Amazing, because my family all has big heads, but I guess she took after Pedro's child size head!

The doctor said her screaming doesn't appear to be caused by anything specifically, she appears to be healthy and not have a lot of gas or other things. She said it could be something in my diet, which I haven't eaten much because when it is the choice between sleep and eating, sleep usually wins! Or it could be that she is just fussy and needs to be held at this point.

It has been a lot of work, but I think we are getting the hang of it and figuring out what works and what doesn't work. Obviously, she is getting enough food, since she has gained almost a whole pound in two weeks and has grown a lot too! On the day's Pedro works, he doesn't see her much, maybe for an hour or so, that is if the "sleeping dragon" is being fussy then he holds her for some of that time. If the "dragon" is sleeping, we definitely do not wake the "sleeping dragon"! So, I spend most of my time with her. Pedro has watched her a few times while I go to the gym and do lessons and/or workout.

My workouts have been going ok. I wish I had more time, but on some of the days when I have lessons I end up doing my workout before or after my lessons which only gives me about 25 minutes of cardio, because I have to get home and be able to feed her. At my two week doctors appointment the doctor couldn't believe (this is not my usual doctor, this is the doctor that did my delivery), that I had been working out since week one. I told her I feel fine and she said that I can now start running! Usually, people have to wait until about 6 weeks to run, but she said I could run and do whatever I feel like doing, besides doing Abs, which I have to wait until 6 weeks for that. I have lost about 25 of the 38lbs that I gained being pregnant, but it will take awhile to actually have it "look like it". I know some of the weight will stay on until I stop breastfeeding, but I am not worried about it.

I am excited to start running, albeit slow and probably difficult. Because now I can leave from the house and go and run and not have the drive time included in my workout time.

I have some pictures of the baptism and other photos from the week, I will post these later.

No comments: