Saturday, January 7, 2012

39 week update...

I figure since I am sitting here having contractions, I should keep up with my post as to what is going on. After my appointment yesterday, I tried to keep a close look on my contractions. Would I know what they were feeling like? I was already having waves of cramps for awhile, but nothing too bad.

Last night when I went to bed at 10:30 I started having very regular cramps/contractions. From 10:30pm-3:30am I was having contractions every 10 minutes. I wasn't timing them, but I would check my phone every once in awhile and realized they were happening every 10 minutes exactly. I wasn't able to sleep because the contractions would wake me up, but worse, was that I am still coughing all night. So, I couldn't really fall asleep with the combination of the two.

Pedro got up at 3:30am and asked if he should go to work. I told him that since they were ten minutes apart, that he should go in and when they get closer I would call him. By about 4:15am, when he was leaving they were at about 9 minutes apart. Since then the contractions have gotten down to about 7 minutes apart (at 11:00am). The paper my doctor gave me says to call when they are 5 minutes apart for 1 hour. We have had a few here and there that have been 4-5 minutes, but most of them are in the 7 minute range. I am using an app on my phone to time the contractions and it says that the last hour of contractions have been 8:00 minutes (although I was on the phone through two or three of them, so it messed up the count a little). The average duration has been :48 seconds. The average time between the 46 contractions that have been counted, is 7 minutes and 48 seconds, which is also the length of my last one and the average duration is :53 seconds.

Right now it is all manageable. Mainly because I know there is a break between them. I know that they are about one minute long and I can manage one minute long. If you were to say they would be constant for a long time, now that would be a bit much. The bad thing about this whole process right now is that I haven't slept in 24 hours. I don't feel exhausted right now, but I know it will catch up to me.

More posts to come....

No comments: