Saturday, January 7, 2012

39 week update #2...

It is now 5:30pm. After my last post I had decided to call the doctor after one or two more contractions. And wouldn't you know it, that those contractions went from 7 minutes apart to 10 minutes! I don't know if it was because I ate some cereal or hadn't moved for a while, or what, but the contractions definitely slowed. I still called the doctor and she said that I could come in to be checked or I could wait until they are 5 minutes apart. She said either was fine. So, I decided to wait. I laid down and watched some basketball and football and they stayed about 10 minute (plus) apart.

Then I was hungry again. So, I got up and made something to eat. Then of course I have now had 3 or 4 contractions about 5-6 minutes apart. I figure the food will slow her down again, once that kicks in! I have also had a few really bad back labor pains, which were solely in my back. I think the dogs think it is weird because they watch me and have been laying with me all day.

I am waiting for Pedro to get home from work, around 7:15 and I think we will go get checked with or without the pains being 5 minutes apart. Mainly because I don't want to wait until 3am and go in just to get checked. This way we will at least no if there has been any progress from yesterday. My only concern is that if we go in and I am too far along to be sent home, but not progressing quick enough that they will want to use drugs to get it going. I really want to go as long as possible (as long as baby is doing well) without the use of drugs to speed up the process or anything else (but of course the health of the baby is most important factor).

Hopefully, our next post will give you more info about where I am in the labor process!

No comments: