Monday, May 18, 2009

Orlando...day before race.

Generally, I don't do much before my race. However, Pedro was excited to be in Orlando so we decided to go to Magic Kingdom. I had already done everything I needed for the race, registered, picked up and dropped off bike in transition, so there was nothing left to do but wait. A funny part of the day was the transport people for my bike thought it was hilarious I would name my bike Shamu, since it is a gigantic whale. I explained that compared to most racers I am similar to Shamu!

Here we are at bike check-in, before we left for Magic Kingdom.


Anyway, I bargained with Pedro that if we went to Magic Kingdom he had to follow it with a calf massage!

We took the boat over to Magic Kingdom and had some great views of our hotel:


I also forgot a hat so I had to use my shirt for a hat...


I also forgot sunscreen, so I had to find someone in the park and ask to use their sunscreen. I did find someone who was nice enough to share.


Once we got into the park, we ventured off for a few rides.


They have this new thing at the park where you put your card in and then you come back at a certain time to get on the ride. Which would be great, except you can only have one "wait" at a time...so we swiped our card for a jungle cruise and then realized we couldn't swipe it again until we went on that ride. Which was very annoying. So, we were going to go on this roller coaster ride, that looked like a train. We waited and waited...and then right before we got up front, they train got stuck! So, they had to close the ride. I figured it was better to have the ride closed on us then to be on the ride when it got stuck!


We went on some rides, though my favorite ride Space Mountain was closed until the winter. We tried a race car ride, which was only ok because we couldn't go very fast. If you look closely at this picture you can see me waving in the background.

We played a shooting game where we had to shoot the bad aliens and I won! Pedro was not so pleased! So, we had to take a picture with Buzz Lightyear because it was his ride:

Then a picture with Chip and Dale (I was hoping they wouldn't be confused that I was one of them with my big jaw!)

And some Monkey...since Pedro is Monkey I'm sure he has a name but I can't think of it:

Then a great picture with Pluto, where I was pulling his tail and Pedro was suppose to pull his ear, but he wimped out!



Then back to the hotel...

No comments: