Tuesday, March 27, 2012

11 weeks...



Every time I say that Zuri is getting better, she has days of SCREAMING. Yes, full days of entertainment necessary or she screams. We went to the doctor yesterday because she has a rash/dry skin issue on her elbows. The doctor said it is eczema and to put a good cream on her elbows and if it doesn't get better try a cortisone cream. Anyway, she was weighed and she now weighs 11lbs and 6 oz. We didn't measure her length. She is still around the 42 percentile in weight. The doctor asked how the screaming has been and I explained that it is still bad. She asked what stops it and I told her, walks, watching basketball practice where I am yelling, running in the stroller and the night. She said that means that she is fine, just high energy. She said that she hopes that when she is able to crawl etc. that she will exhaust her energy. Then she followed that with, or maybe when she is old enough to play basketball it will get better. I guess she just got my temper tantrums from when I was little and Pedro's personality, put those together and a DRAGON was born.

I think part of her problem is her napping skills. I am not one to read a book about babies and what to do, but I have (at the direction of my doctor) read a book about sleeping skills. It suggested that she needs a morning nap, maybe even after being awake for an hour. Followed by a long afternoon nap, hopefully around 1-2pm and a brief nap in the evening. That being awake for more than 2 hours will put her into a grouchy horrible mood. Well, that would describe Zuri's mood! She has days with no naps! Then days with a 4 hour nap! But then up the rest of the day, yesterday she was up for 8 straight hours, imagine what the DRAGON was like! Today she took a short nap in the morning and that has been going decently. She wants to take her afternoon nap around 3:30. Which is fine if I put her to bed later. Last night I started putting her to bed at 7:30. She was a real grouch. It took nearly an hour but she went to sleep and we had wake ups at 915 to eat (she wasn't real thrilled to be eating at 7:30 since she was screaming), 210 and then at 510. I was wondering when her wake up time would be, but she surprised me and slept until 8:40.

Anyway, in this process of writing this, I had a long break between writing this because we were watching the UConn game, but she just went to bed it is 8:15, in her own bed. We had our first time of just SITTING, yes, most people have babies that will just sit and be held. Nope, not our DRAGON, she is never content to just sit. Today we watched nearly the entire first half of the UConn game together. Actually, all of us. It would have been a funny picture. Me sitting with Zuri next to me with my arm behind her, Stella between my legs, Polar laying on my side on my leg and Pedro sitting in front of Polar. All of us on a small square of the sofa! However, the second half of the game was the usual screaming. I had to walk her outside to calm her down and she started to doze off. I knew she was tired, she kept taking short naps today and not staying asleep because we were out and about.

Anyway, 3 months is coming quickly. Which means that she will be able to go to the gym. This means that IF she were to behave it would mean that I could get a full 2 hour workout without having to be running with her or something. The chances of behaving? Pretty slim. Here is to hoping for a big behavior change in a week!

Here are the pictures from the week:


No comments: