Saturday, September 8, 2012

8 MONTHS!

Can Zuri actually be 2/3rd's of her way to a year??  It seems really crazy that she is much closer to a year than she is being born!  

I know I keep saying that she is becoming such a little person, but seriously, everyday I think I love her a little more because of her blossoming independent personality!  She really makes me laugh how she isn't a "lovey" baby, so I force love on her...which makes her laugh, roll over so I can't get to her, or push me away!

Since she still doesn't crawl, she gets frustrated a lot about not being able to get to things she wants.  I practice her crawling with her, but still no success.  We are improving though, she sat like this for about 10 minutes laughing at herself in the mirror in front of her.



Her current schedule is similar to her 7 month schedule so no real change.  I'm sure there will be big changes to our schedule when she crawls/walks.

This morning when I laid her on her playmat while I got up and got moving, I returned to this:
Hard to tell by the photo but the playmat was no longer standing, she somehow got the crossbars detached and was lying under a plain part of the bar..probably because she was trying to pull up on it or something, she was perfectly happy.

She rolls (half rolls, never completely on to her belly) around the mat and crib.  So, I place toys around the area and she will roll and get to them.

We went to the park yesterday and she enjoyed her time on the swings again. Not sure what to think about the look in the first picture...




She looks a little unhappy here, but really this was a happy scream!


Eating from a spoon has become a little bit of a chore.  Some days she really wants to eat with the spoon, other days she doesn't.  Her new favorite is feeding herself with one of the pouches.  It would be fine if she didn't decide to SQUEEZE it when it was out of her mouth and the food goes everywhere, that is real fun.

She still does not have any teeth.  However, two seem to be real close on the bottom.  I can feel them and see big bumps.  I imagine this will happen sometime soon, it will be kind of sad, I like her toothless smile!

She has also liked her sippy cup with a straw, sometimes she can do it herself, when she feels like it..


Love the Manning bib!



One of my favorite times of the day is when I put her to bed at night.  I have been tickling her face a bit after she eats and then sometimes she tries to tickle mine, it's quite funny.  She is always super cute when you come and get her after her naps or in the morning.


She has also become very helpful while getting dressed.  She will put her arms through the holes and knows to hold her head up when I put her shirt on her head.  She has always been pretty helpful when I put her pants on.  But now she wants to be holding a toy while we change clothes or diapers.

One cute, but bad thing is that when I come home from doing a lesson or I come to get her at daycare at the gym, as soon as she sees me she starts to cry!  Once I get to her and pick her up she stops.  So, I try to get to her quickly when she sees me so not to start a scream-fest!

Her current size:
length, not sure.
weight: at the gym she was 18lbs 14oz with clothes, so probably about 18lbs 6oz.

Favorite things:
Standing (not on own).
Screaming
POLAR, continues to be a big favorite!
Sippy Straw Cup
Cheerios
Toast
Squeeze Pouches (sometimes)
Playing with things that light up or make noise
Scout the Dog
Blowing raspberries on my arm
Baby Einstein Videos

Dislikes:
Changing clothes (sometimes, not all the time)
Having to sit, when she wants to stand
Missing Momma!
Spoon feeding (sometimes)




No comments: