Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Aviela the first month!




A one month update for Aviela!  Avi pretty much spends most of her days sleeping.  I wake her during the day when she needs to eat but otherwise let her sleep.  She has had some fun adventures already in her first month!  We took her to the movies while Zuri was taking a nap and she slept the whole movie. We took her to the zoo and she woke to eat but otherwise slept most of the time.  She has accompanied me to the gym and sat by and watched me workout at the community gym in my new neighborhood, which is nice because she can't go to my regular gym until 3 months.





She has been on her first official flight, so two legs of flights, from Denver to Wichita and back.  She was at her first tournament and was a pretty good girl, sleeping most of the time!

Sleeping wise at night it has gone pretty well so far but I know it can all change quickly so I don't want to be too excited.  She usually sleeps for 4-5 hours at night then 3 more and then is up for a bit in the morning.  Which is kind of hard because then Zuri wakes up and I have to try to manage both kids at once and I want to give Zuri her alone time too.  

Zuri has been excellent with Avi.  She loves to say "Baby Sister!!" and gives her kisses.  This morning she kicked her in the head (on purpose) when she "Baby Sister cryin'".  Then of course Avi was really crying and then so was Zuri because I told her to not kick people.  Great fun!  


Zuri wants to "hold baby sista" and have her sit next to her a lot...



Zuri sitting in Avi's chair and trying out the pacifier..


She is just starting to coo but has only smiled a few times.  She does like a pacifier and a lot of times it will help stop a crying spell.  She also seems to currently like riding in the car.

Staying at my parents house is definitely been helpful with adjusting to two kids because I can have help if she is screaming while I am trying to help Zuri with something. 

One month has flown by!!

Here are some pictures from Aviela's early days!






Here she is at her 2 week doctors visit!  She was up to 7lbs and 8oz and still the same length.


Grandma Topper holding Avi at about a month old!

No comments: