Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back to business...

I have been very busy the last few weeks with training, working, training my ladies and basketball. I figured it out and it appears between all of those things I was busy nearly 72hours a week!

However, as of Saturday (yesterday) I have quit my job! I had asked them when I was hired if they would work with my basketball schedule, which they said they would, then this next week I was scheduled to close every single day and work shifts from 9-7 or 10-7. Those schedules do not work well for training my ladies, my workouts and basketball practice. I asked them to change one or two days to open instead of close so I can do basketball practice and they never responded until the end of the week and then they said I needed to put in a request two week before, then they would DECIDE if they would let me have a day that I wanted. I decided that it was ridiculous that they wouldn't change my schedule for something they said they would...so Saturday was my last day.

I am now on week 5 of my training. Last week was a recovery week and today was so nice that I took advantage of the weather (64 degrees) and went for my long bike, of only 2hr 15 min, outside! Then I had a short brick run after. My run speed has been getting faster with my new adjustments in my training, I am hoping that it continues.

My personal fun news is that I got a new watch! It has gps built into it and you know your speed, distance, pace, heart rate while you are running. I know some watches do this when you wear a foot pod but this watch is awesome and because of the gps it is pretty exact. I will figure out how to uplink my runs and bikes with the data the watch downloads to the comp after a run.

Pedro is hoping to hear some good news on Tuesday...so let's keep our fingers crossed! I will update once we hear the news!

No comments: