Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Long two days of training...

Yesterday, I decided I was going to do my moderate run and my long swim. So, I headed outside for my run and found a new trail. Once on this new mysterious trail (even though it was cement) I decided to keep running. I looked at my watch and realized I was at about the half-way point of my Long run and should turn around. This is a recovery week so everything was cut down...so the long run wasn't feeling like a loooonng run. In the end I ran about 10miles.

After the run I still had a swim to finish. I decided I wasn't tired so I would go ahead and do my long swim. Again, remember it is a recovery week so it didn't seem too horrible. For the swim I did the following workout:
100 warm up
Main Set:
500 meters
5x100 meters
400
4x100
300
3x100
200
2x100
100
2x50
75
3x25
50
2x25
Followed by a cool down of 400 meters rotating kick, pull and swim.

That was it for yesterday...then today.

This morning I had swim club, where nobody showed up, at 545am. I got my swim of 1500 meters in and showered and went home.

After a brief nap (2.5hrs) I got up at 1030 ate and went to the gym for the second workout of the day. I lifted and had an easy run of 30min.

Went home ate, watched tv, made dinner (to be cooked later) then off to the gym for the third time. This time we had run club. Instead of running outside we decided to take a class. Now, this isn't any class. It is a ridiculous class, which I have taken before and was sore for over a week! I thought maybe my memory of the class was not correct...hmm. The class consists of stations that last 2min for the first rotation and 1min 15 seconds for the second rotation (though I am pretty sure he went over every time!) The stations were as follows:
Bosu ball pushups, switching between two bosu's.
Stepups with a medicine ball and raising and lowering the ball (not slowly either)
Standing on a bosu ball and doing front and side shoulder raises with a cord
Running sideways on bosu balls (which is difficult for me to go towards the left, my weaker leg)
Tricep pushups on a bench
Wall sits on a ball extending one leg at a time (nearly impossible to extend when my left leg stabilizes, but he kept telling me to do it..so of course I did)
Laying on a ball on your stomach and doing rows and reverse fly's (the easiest of all)
Jumping up and down continuously holding a medicine ball overhead
Running from mat to mat
Squat jumping with a medicine ball
Bridging on a ball while rotating legs kneeing the ball, followed by situps

Let's just say it was KILLER...I'm definitely going to be sore. I am not use to anaerobic work and the whole class is spent being anaerobic!
After the class I had tri club...so today I had them do biking. I did the bike with them but as an easy spin for 45min.

Basically, today consisted of 4.5hrs of working out...

Tomorrow may be a full day off since I plan on getting a massage later in the day :)

No comments: