Saturday, February 21, 2009

Week 9 of training...

One of the most exciting days of the week was Thursday. Why??? You may ask. I know I don't work A LOT, ok I don't work very much at all. But I do "work" almost everyday. For most of you that know me, I don't like listening to people complain or have any type of drama. Well, most of what I do has some of this, though I do try to keep it at a minimum. Even the days where there isn't drama, there are people and when your "job" is to deal with people, you don't want to deal with anyone. Anyway, long story short...I had NOTHING to do on Thursday besides my own training. It was so nice to wake up and know that I didn't have to get anything done before a certain time. I didn't have to talk to anyone that I didn't feel like talking to, it was a WONDERFUL day!

In fact, the weather proved to be nice on Thursday and after a very leisure morning I went for a run. To make the day even better it was a nice aerobic run and I ran somewhere around the 8:40min miles. Ok, again I know what you are thinking. How can this be exciting?? Well, when you do a WHOLE season of Ironman training and do not get faster...then you take into account your whole life of training and realize I was fast..and I wasn't tired when given a lot to do. Maybe it is the fact I have trained pretty much my whole life. I went running as a kid, just so I could be faster...lifting..practicing bball..just so I could be better, faster and stronger. MY WHOLE LIFE. Now I am not so sure how many people have had lives where this has been their entire focus. Again, I digressed, but I changed my training plan to make me "suffer" more. I have been getting faster each week (on the run, no real biking outside).

Today I ran 7 miles at an 8:14 pace with an avg hr of 166. This is above my supposed max that I keep more than 70-80% of my training under. But it was the fastest I have run in the last two years on a 7 mile run. Sad?? Maybe...but as long as I keep getting faster by the time my race comes around I am hoping I am FAAASSSTTTT!

Put it this way..if Kory were at my race he would probably miss me because I would finish the race before he had expected me to (or hopefully before the "slower" people come in). For those of you that do not know, Kory is famous for missing me cross the finish line and begins to worry when "slower" people have finished and I am nowhere to be seen!

Training this week:
Aerobic Run: 1hr 35min (6.91 on the road and 30min on tred)
Anaerobic Run (the focus for the long run this week): 2hr 50min (19.2miles = 8:51 avg)
Aerobic Biking (currently all of my biking even my tempo bike b/c done indoors): 7hr 25min
Swimming: 8,200 meters (I missed my short swim of 1000).

Total of 15 hours plus
45min weights and 1hr30min of additional cardio.

17hrs and 15min of training for week 9/20 of Half Iron training.
(84% of the week was aerobic training)

The exciting part of the week for Pedro is that he starts work tomorrow (Sunday). He went to bed around 7:30pm because he has to get up at 3:00 am to leave by 4:00 so he can be early to work! I packed his lunch which cosists of quite a bit of food:
Yogurt with fresh fruit and a side of kashi cereal
Pastrami Sandwich (with spinach and mayo) on some amazing cheddar roll thing
Sun Chips
two cut up tangelos
bottle of coke
bottle of flavored sparkling water
choc covered pretzels
popcorn
two protein bars
banana

We are hoping this gets him through his first day of work! He is very excited and I can hear him (sniffing lol) while I am writing this so he must still be awake...probably excited for his first day!

No comments: