Sunday, March 1, 2009

Training Week 10...

Week 10 started off great. On Monday, the weather cooperated and I headed outside for a 65mile bike ride. It was my first "real" long distance ride outside this year! It felt great and it was much improved over being inside. I averaged 19.0mph and had an elevation gain of 1,966 feet. I can't imagine my next race has much elevation gain. I felt great and so I believe my indoor training has been helping. After biking I went to run club and had a nice 3.8mile run.

On Tuesday I went outside for my long aerobic run for the week. I didn't feel tired before running, but I was fatigued during the run. It felt like a LOOONNGGG run. It was a 2hr 5min run. I ran the whole thing aerobically in the "heat" (in quotes because it was hot, but only because it is winter here..about 70 degrees). I ran 13.2 mile and it was a 9:32 pace. Again, not fast I know but it was ALL aerobic.

I did my long swim on Friday and it was 5,000 meters. It was a good swim and took me 1hr57 min. It had quite a few rest sets that were 30 seconds or more. I felt really good and didn't feel fatigued.

My training week 10:
Running 30.75 miles in 4 hours 50 min. (9:25 avg pace)
Biking: 8 hours
Swimming: 9300 Meters or 5.81 miles.
Also, included 45min of weights, 30 min of stairmaster, 15min elliptical.

Pedro worked last week only a few days (Sunday, Weds and Thurs). He then worked at the gym for a few hours Monday and Friday. This week he has a more difficult work schedule of Monday, Tuesday then off for my BIRTHDAY!!! Then works Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Today we went to dinner for Katie's birthday at Red Robin. Last night we went to the Samba Room for 5280 week. It was really good food. The only downside is that we could eat all three courses twice! We went with Kory and Karen. I had a chicken and shrimp meal with guava empanadas and pedro had, of course, steak with tres leches for dessert. Appetizers were good but small, we had fried plantain and arepas (corn cakes). I love 5280 so we can try out new and different restaurants.

That is it for now..the week is just getting started. Should be a good week since it is my birthday week :) Oh, wait...I get a month right?

No comments: