Saturday, March 14, 2009

Longer Than Expected...

Sometimes things don't work out like they are suppose to..today was one of those days. I am currently battling the "possiblity" of getting a cold. Yes, I MIGHT be getting a cold, but I will NOT LET IT take hold! Anyway, I decided not to go to run club this morning because it was going to be a chilly run outside. Instead I decided to save my tempo run for the mid afternoon, after it had already warmed up. Then the brilliant idea hit me! How about running to my lessons and then catching a ride home!! I figured it was about 6 miles to my lesson and part of it downhill.

I left my house ready for a good tempo run! I headed out and about an hour before my lesson. It was a nice day and it felt pretty good. Then I got to the gym and looked at my watch and realized it was actually about 7.1 mile run. I was thinking, ok that was pretty good, about an 8:20 pace or so. Then I decided to check my phone before going into my lesson.

I had a text from my lesson people saying, the rec was closed for a wellness fair. I couldn't believe it! I walked in and checked the court and there was a tarp on the floor. UGH! So, I texted them and said, "alright that is not good since I just RAN to the rec." They responded and said "how about tomorrow?" I texted back and said "OK, but I RAN to the gym, ugh." No response. Crap, my tempo run was just starting to look like a LONG RUN! I got a drink and sat down for a minute hoping someone would respond and say, we can pick you up!! I know that my lesson had to have driven past me, they live on the street I was running the ENTIRE RUN! They also live right by my house.

Anyway, I headed back out and decided to stay aerobic for the uphill run home. No need to do a 14 mile anaerobic run. Thank God it was nice weather! Anyway, with about 3 miles left a few of my high school players saw me and I told them that I couldn't believe the people didn't offer me a ride home! They of course, offered me a ride, but I said "hell no! not after running this far!" I continued on and in the end ran 9:00min miles for 14 miles. Which was a little longer than expected but a good workout in the end....

No comments: