Wednesday, March 4, 2009

HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY!

Today was my 29th birthday. The day began bright and early for swim club at 545am. Again, the swim went well and I headed back home to go back to sleep. After waking, Pedro came home from working out and brought me a surprise! Flowers, a card and a balloon. The balloon would talk and sing happy birthday to the "princess". I think Stella didn't like having a balloon call me "princess" since she likes to claim that title. She was going CRAZY!

Then we got dressed and decided to head to Boulder for a Birthday lunch. I decided to wear my "Pot of Gold" shirt because it says "every day is a fortunate day". I thought this was a great day for the shirt. However, after dressing Pedro informed me I looked like I was 12 and was worried someone might think that he was abducting me. I figured that would make the day quite hilarious!!



This first picture is me in my "kids" shirt and with my presents from Pedro. Oh, and his card said "what could be a better present than spending the day with me!" I laughed out loud! Not that isn't a great day...but I think maybe a nice sunny beach would be great for my birthday!

After a nice lunch at the Walnut Brewery we walked the Pearl Street mall in the 78 degree weather (with hurricane winds) and headed back up to flatirons mall. After walking the shops there I decided to buy myself a birthday present. I decided that the items I was going to buy looked better than what I had on, so I just wore them out! I was slightly embarrassed at first, but then thought "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!".

We headed from the mall straight to the high school playoff games where we could watch some of my players play. I received a few presents, a running shirt and a hat...and from M, B and J a great present of a gift certificate for a spa!!! I have decided we should make a day of the present, maybe they were thinking that when they got me the present!


(This is the evening picture, note the change of clothes!).

After the games we headed to get some dinner and my free birthday MUD PIE! I ate the entire thing myself, and had a meal with it...but again I thought "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!".

I had also bought myself a present for my bike. I bought a new seat, it was delivered a little early this week, but today I was making some adjustments because tomorrow I am hoping to get in a 4 hour ride. The seat is missing the "nose" part, since that is the most uncomfortable part of the seat. Take a look at Shamu with his new seat! Shamu is excited to be visiting his namesake in Orlando for this year's race in May. I'm sure he will be working his best to take care of me there, so I decided to give him a small present. I am hoping this seat is more comfortable on the LONG rides we have together!




I know this may not seem like a super exciting day to most, but it was a nice change to get out. Most of my time is spent training and today, albeit it was difficult, I did not workout much...instead spent time with my big MONKEY (and the card said "what could you want for your bday, money? power?......a MONKEY CARD!") It was a nice day, even though Pedro was sick he was trying to make it my birthday DAY!

No comments: