Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Two good days..

Loving the Colorado weather. We have had a few very nice days, so I have tried to get out and take advantage of the weather.

On Monday, I went out for a 4 hour bike ride. I rode a total of 74 miles in about 3 hrs and 50min. It was a nice ride for me to get out and try my new seat. It was AWESOME! I loved it! My legs felt pretty good when I got home and I had a snack and headed to run club. My legs were a little fatigued from the bike and the space between the bike and run. My heart rate was a bit high but we ran 4.5 miles.

Today I got up and decided to head out for my long run of the week. I like getting my long workouts done at the beginning of the week. I ran 15.8 miles today. On the way out I kept my heart rate aerobic the whole time. On the way back I ran fast to a song and then recovered during the next song. It was a pretty good run on semi-fatigued legs from the day before. After running I went home for a small snack and headed out to swim club. We swam 2500M. Then I sat in the hot tub to stretch my legs and the steam room. I like swimming after my long runs it brings some life back into my legs!

I try to rotate the long bike/long run days order so that I can get the most of each of the long workouts. Doing the long run the day after a long bike helps my legs become adjusted to running on fatigued legs.


Anyway, having nice weather makes for a nice few days of workouts!

No comments: