Sunday, August 16, 2009

Out and About...

This week was a recovery week for me in training. With the leg injury and no running it was even more so. I was thinking that this whole week, starting last Saturday we have done the following. Walked the mall in Boulder, went to lunch in Boulder, my race, watched three movies at home (my best friends girl, obsessed, the haunting in ct), had pt for my knee, went for mexican food, Marc's 30th bday party and finally, the zoo.

I am not so sure I have ever had such a laid back week!

Here is a picture from Marc's bday party (which I was frequently reminded that my bday isn't far away)



Today we choose a great day for the zoo! I haven't been to the zoo since I was in middle school so it was a different thing to do. The only issue is that there didn't seem to be as many animals as I remember. There was only one polar bear, a few giraffes, one rhino, two elephants and few gorillas. Now, there were a lot of birds. I even saw a vulture like the one I saw while riding my bike last year.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of our day at the zoo.




This Rhino came over and took a flood of a pee, then proceeded to drink from the water in the spot the pee had foamed up...mmmmm! (Kory, I am sure you are thinking that is a good way to get nutrients!)


A few race photos:






Training is back on track for this next week. I am not sure I will be able to run, but we will see. Wish me luck! Tomorrow is a 4hr ride, assuming the weather cooperates.

No comments: