Monday, April 26, 2010

Garth Brooks!!

Saturday we had an amazing opportunity. The Pecks had tickets for a fundraiser for Denver Health and part of the fundraiser was a private concert with Garth Brooks. For those of you that do not know, I LOVE Garth Brooks and I was quite sad when they told me the week before that their family would be going :( I was sad because I WANTED TO GO!! On Thursday I got a call from them saying, "do you know what we are doing on Saturday". I told them that it was rude to rub it in since I would LOVE to go. Then they said, we knew you would so we got TWO tickets for you and Pedro!!!!! I was sooo excited. He is my dream concert!

So on Saturday, we had games in the morning with a wake up call for me at 640am (which is about 4 hours earlier than my usual) I had a long day ahead. Pedro and I went to games in the morning, breakfast after, a movie, another game and then home to change for our concert!

The concert was at the same place they do the stock show. On the floor of the stock show they had tables for the big donors to have dinner. Kirk and Melissa were doing the dinner part. Pedro, Meg, Bren, Jac and I all came just for the show. There was about 1500 people there. His concert started at 10pm, but we had to be there at 830. So, at this time I had already been up longer than I am usually up on any given day..lol.

All I have to say is AMAZING! His voice is EXACTLY like it sounds on records. The only downside was that he did talk quite a bit, but he was funny. He played until about midnight. All I know is that I would pay whatever to go and see him perform a regular live concert!

We had to dress up for the concert. Here are some pictures of us:

While taking this picture someone asked if we were Pedro's harem!!! LOL NOT SO MUCH!


No comments: