Wednesday, February 1, 2012

3 Weeks Old!!

We are almost 4 weeks old and we have has quite a long week 3. Pedro went back to work and Zuri decided that she was going to be a big DRAGON! Our weekend was very long, with very little to no sleep. She decided that she was going to scream (literally scream) any time I laid her down. Which meant that I had to hold her all day long. Even then, sometimes she was still unhappy. Our nights were not much better. She cried, I fed her, I got her to sleep, I laid her down and she would wake up and scream again. I was very tired. She had been such a "good" sleeper at night before this, then Pedro goes to work and I am left being a single parent for three plus days. I totally give credit to single parents. If you have a colicky baby like Zuri, it is way more difficult, because you know there is no break in sight. I know this time will pass, but I am hoping sooner rather than later.

This week has been a little different. She has been a little more happy. I can lay her down, although, not really while she is awake. But she has been sleeping a little more during the day. Last night I was super excited because we slept 2-3 hours between feedings (sad, that it is exciting!). I feel very good after my night. But of course this is because Pedro has the whole week off. I figure he will go back to work and she will sense my vulnerability and take advantage of me again.

I think maybe she was growing, well she has obviously been growing (since she was up weight and length), maybe that was what was has been causing the crankiness. We have also given her some gas medicine, since she isn't a big burper. We will spend a significant amount of time trying to burp and we get nothing.

Right now she is laying AWAKE in her pack and play looking around. These are few and far between moments of awake quietness. I am hoping for more and more of them:


I had to take a picture to remember that this has actually happened!

I'm pretty sure I said this from the beginning. That I will be prepared for the most difficult experience. I have NEVER thought this would be easy or fun all the time. I don't miss my long sleep, earlier in the week I was missing SOME or ANY type of sleep! I know my child will have good days and bad, I am hoping that we have some more HAPPY days ahead!

No comments: