Friday, October 19, 2012

9 month stats..and another Milestone

We went to the doctor for our 3rd appointment for the week!  UGH!  One for diagnosing her sickness.  The second one for seeing if rash spreading was from an allergic reaction to medicine, or just rash spreading (it was the latter).  The third one was for her 9 month well check (9 month 10 days).

I think Zuri had lost some weight because of how little she was eating while she was sick.  On Monday she weighed 19lbs 4oz.  On Tuesday, 19lbs 6oz and Thursday for her checkup she was 19lbs 9oz.  So, clearly she was just putting her normal weight back on, so she probably weighs even more than that.

Then the nurse measured her height.  She took the measurement and then left to do the paperwork.  She came back in and said that can't be right, I need to remeasure her!   So, screaming fit again, we did the measurements again.  It came back just slightly smaller.  The doctor then came in and was reviewing her growth charts and said..hmm..her height must have been measured incorrectly.  Instead of following her growth chart she shot STRAIGHT UP!  So she said she wanted to redo the measurement again.  Ok...another screaming fit later, we had like a very tiny difference.  She was shocked Zuri had grown so much! She grew 3.75 inches in 3 months (again, I think they may have measured her a bit short at 6 months). Which is unheard of at this age.  I assume this will slow down soon, as that is a lot of growing!

Her 9 month stats:
19lbs 9oz, 71%
30.5 inches length, 99.77%
17.5 head circumference, 65%


Compared to her 6 month stats:
16lbs 9oz, 62%
26.75 inches length; 84%
16.5 inches head; 33%



That is a 3lb gain (with the sickness), 3.75 inches grown and 1 inch bigger head circumference.

She asked how much does she eat and I explained that she eats a WHOLE waffle for breakfast and some fruit.  Half a grilled cheese for lunch and about 12oz total of milk at lunch.  (The rest of the meals are rather small compared to these).  She said that is A LOT of food and was impressed that she could eat so much.  I figure it is because she takes after her parents, that also eat a lot of food (I am known for being able to eat two foot long subs).

Her new milestone was reached on Tuesday.  I was watching her on her video and it appeared she went from laying on her back, to her stomach to sitting!  I wasn't sure because it was just off camera.  Wednesday, she did it for Pedro and my mom, I still had not seen her do it.  We lowered her crib because we were worried about pulling up on it, now that she can go from laying to sitting.  This morning I went in and TA-DA!  She was sitting there waiting for me!  It was quite a shock to see my little girl sitting in her crib waiting.  Last night Pedro put her to bed and he said he left her sitting and went to get her sleep sack and came back up and she was standing, holding her crib rails.  That doesn't surprise me too much, as this is what she does when she wakes from her nap and I sit her down while I get her clothes ready:

She was a sick baby here, with lots of drool...and medicine on her pajamas, but you get the idea!


No comments: