Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Separation Anxiety...



Zuri has definitely entered a new stage, one that sounds cute, until it happens.  Doesn't it sound so cute that your daughter wants to spend time with you?  She wants to be with you over everyone else?  Sounds adorable.  In reality, it is just the opposite.  Let me say, I don't mind spending time with Zuri, I mean we spend pretty much every day, all day together.  But when this is the reaction I get when I leave the kitchen without picking her up, it is a bit much!

It started a few weeks ago when I brought her to the gym.  She LOVES the gym, she loves playing with all the kids and toys.  She is such a good girl.  But now she goes in and as soon as I am about to set her down, she holds on to me with a death grip and won't let go and starts crying.  I tell her I will be back, but nothing dramatic and hand her off to a worker there.  Of course she quickly recovers once I am gone, but she is definitely dramatic.  At home, if I have to go to the bathroom she will scream and cry until she can be in there with me and sometimes she wants to sit on my lap, because being in the room with me is too far away I guess.  If Pedro is home and I ask him to go bring her upstairs or distract her so I can go upstairs, she wants nothing to do with him.  She screams and screams for me.  I don't pick her up all the time, which then leads to her pulling down my pants and screaming and crying.  Let's hope this is short lived!  Here she is super happy to see me when I came back in!


One other culprit that could be making matters worse, is that she just got two upper teeth and it looks like a few more might be coming in soon.  I am sympathetic, but it is one reason I can't wait until she can talk to tell me if it is something bothering her, or if she is just being needy.  I gave her a frozen pancake to chew on to see if it would help...

We have had some crazy weather here, 80 degrees, followed by 30 degrees and snow.  Zuri loves the snow and claps and gets excited when it is snowing.




 However, she equally loves the warm weather so that we can play outside a lot!  She LOVES playing outside.  And she loves the little chair I just got her, I took her in the store and let her choose the one she wanted (red or turquoise).  She won't look at me while I am trying to take her picture..




She spent a good amount of time moving the chair around and then standing on it.



I have also bought her a potty chair.  I know she doesn't know how to use one and I am not expecting her to...yet.  However, I got her one so she can get use to sitting on it.  She loves to sit on it!





And she was in a good mood at bedtime tonight, doing lots of "kissy face!"



Some random pictures, she really likes to carry around a bowl with her fruit in it, which she gets as a snack.



Loving the "boy" outfit...she looks rough, because most of this day was spent crying at me....






No comments: