Wednesday, June 12, 2013

17 Months Old!





A lot of these recent updates there hasn't been anything really new in the milestone area.  Zuri talks and talks, but still most of it (nearly all) I have no idea what she is talking about.  I am really counting down the days for her to make some sense.  At least then I will know what she wants, or what her frustration is about!

The last week or so her teeth have been bothering her.  She will be walking around and then just start crying.  She even took her croc off and started chewing on it! That was a funny one.  I can only assume it is her two, very slow moving, teeth that are causing this issue.  The top front and side tooth (already has one front and side) are moving so slowly.  I can see them and they look like they hurt.  Hopefully, they will just get through quickly!  If you look closely at the picture above, you can see the red inflamed teeth.


Lots of this grumpy face in the car.



I read somewhere that at 17 months their personality and how they handle new interactions with people will probably be how they will act.  She seems to be very good with new people.  Although, my brother said she wasn't friendly to him at all.  Which seems kind of weird because when we go out and about, she goes up to every person and waves.  Or she walks up and grabs their legs.  On Sunday my teams played in a 3v3 and she LOVED being there.  Running around and playing with some of my players.  She even went and sat on some girls lap (a friend of one of my players) for a good 10 minutes just watching games.  Everyone comments on how she has such a great personality and is fun and happy.  I would agree that out and about that is how she acts.  However, at home, since she has my number, she goes through some very grumpy phases with me.  But I will say that we are out almost all day except when it is close to sleep time or eating, both of which can cause her to be grumpy if she is hungry or tired.


At the pool testing the water like I do with her bathtub..


Right now our days have gone something like this:
6:00-8:00am Zuri wakes up, it is a HUGE range and has nothing to do with how much activity she has had or what time she goes to bed--completely random.
7:45am I get up and get Zuri-she has spent her time singing and talking in her crib
8:00am Zuri is mad that I have made her lay back down to change her diaper and clothes for the day.  Sometimes Madagascar helps calm her down for the few minutes it takes.
8:15am Breakfast!  Zuri use to eat a big breakfast, but with teeth coming in, eating has been less.  Today was a banana and a bite of sausage biscuit
8:45am Playing in the house
9:30am Leave for gym -  She has been loving the gym again!  Fruit in the car on the way to the gym.
11:00am Done in day care-  We have had a few stops at the pool before going home for lunch.  Finishes her bowl of fruit in the car
12:15pm Lunch- Veggies from soup, turkey meat/chicken fries
1:30pm-3:30 or 4:30pm NAP! Again length varies greatly (right now she is going on 3hr 20 minutes of nap)
4:00pm Snack-smoothie (spinach, mango, papaya, strawberry, lemonade)
4:30pm Out and about, run errands and/or a stop at the park for fun.  She loves going in her stroller up to the park!
6:00pm Dinner!  Bread, protein, veggie and fruit for dessert.
7:00pm Bath- still one of her favorite activities
7:45pm Bed-  Some nights she talks for a long time before going to sleep, other nights not a peep.


Zuri has also decided that she loves shoes.  It is the first thing she does in the morning, she runs to where her shoes are and tries to put them on, sometimes successfully other times it leads to screaming.  The bad part is that I have to take her pants off to change her for the day and she already has shoes on and so she gets mad that I have to take them off.  Oddly, she always picks a pair of shoes.  The things she knows surprises me sometimes!

She has also decided that taking things to the trash is fun.  While we are at the park she will pick up a piece of trash and bring it to the trash can (How does she know it is a trash can?  I have never said that it was and they don't look like ones we have seen!).

At night she likes to sit next to me in the chair and have the boppy pillow over her legs and drink her milk and read a book.  Such a little adult.

17 month size:
2t clothing
25.2 lbs today at the gym
No idea on length

Likes:
Green Smoothie
Dogs
Shoes
Gym Daycare
Videos on leappad in the car, or videos on my phone
Super Why is a favorite (she tries to sing the theme song)
Music-she will dance or sing with it
Walking down the stairs while holding my hand
Carrying two things at once
Stuffed animals-mainly the dogs and elephant
Sitting by herself in the rocking chair with the boppy over her legs and holding a book
Books
Climbing on to chairs
Breakfast Burritos (seriously)



Drinking her green smoothie on the way to the park!



Dislikes:
Having clothes changed
Having diaper changed
Me not understanding what she wants!
Not having shoes on
Getting out of the pool
Teeth coming in (both of us dislike this!)


I loved her dress!



Post swim snack, while I changed!


Banana breakfast..

No comments: