Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My first time away...




For the first time in 16.5 months I was without Zuri.  I left her with my mom because we were playing in a tournament in Kansas City, where we played EVERY hour from 10:15am until 8:00pm.  It was a long day and I didn't want to subject her to that again (I did last year and I think we were both overly exhausted).  So, I decided to let her stay with my mom Friday afternoon to Sunday evening.

I would say the hardest part is actually leaving her knowing that I won't see her for a few days.  Pedro frequently goes from Thursday evening to Monday morning without seeing her when he is working day shift.  But I am never away from her for that long!  Once she was with my mom, I wasn't worried about her being ok, just odd to be without her!


It was the first time in the same amount of time that I could read a book on a plane, although, it was only an hour flight.  I was so busy on Saturday that I didn't "miss" her, but I definitely had a lot of check in's from my mom.  Her days or so inconsistent so I was just wondering, did she have a good nap?  Did she eat like a cow? Or a chicken?  Sadly, Sunday I didn't get to sleep in because we had a game early the next morning.  So both days I didn't get any extra laying around, pretty much busy the whole time.

I don't plan on leaving her again anytime soon.  She loved my mom's because she got to play outside all day long.  At home, we don't do that as much.  Although, she would love it if we did.  My parents brought her over on Sunday once we got in.  She was VERY EXCITED to see us.  She was actually so wound up that when I laid her down at 8:40pm (which is late) she didn't go to sleep until about 10:40pm.  She was talking and singing the whole time.


Both my parents and Kory and Karen (who watched her while my mom was at church) told me that she can say a lot more words than I think.  They said she said: chair, sit down, cheese and some others that I can't remember.  They said it is mixed in with her non stop babble, which is why I probably miss it because I am around it so much and she talks all the time.  I need to pay closer attention!


Of course while we were gone I bought her a few presents.  Some awesome (expensive) Under Armour clothes and some cars.





She is making a vroom noise while driving cars on her head (note she is holding two cars)...


Holding a car and a dandelion, which she proceeded to try and eat (every time!)



Loving her stacking cups, which I sent to my moms house with her..




No comments: