Thursday, July 4, 2013

Almost 18 months



Zuri will be 18 months in 4 days.  Her language skills have pretty much stayed the same.  Lots of babbling (pretty much non-stop) which I don't understand.  It will be interesting when I know what she is saying, because a lot of it is the same thing over and over.

Zuri's frustration level is very high.  If she is carrying something and someone is in her way, or if she can't do something she wants, or I don't understand she SCREAMS and possibly throws whatever item is in her hand.  Hoping that communication skills will help this because it is quite obnoxious!


We have had a few more firsts this last month.  She rode her first rides at a carnival!  We had watched Grey ride a few rides a few days before and she seemed really interested, so we went back for her to ride.  She didn't love the monster truck ride, which I thought would be pretty simple.  I got bruises from riding that ride because it was really rough.



Then she rode the bumblebee ride.  She enjoyed this more, but I wouldn't say she LOVED them.  Apparently, just looking at the rides was the most fun.


We bought her a little motorcycle to ride.  Zuri LOVES motorcycles, the real ones.  She is obsessed.  When leaving the gym the only way I can get her to leave is by asking if she wants to go look at the motorcycles.  I have no idea what it is about them.


Today is the 4th and we don't have any plans.  Mainly because we leave tomorrow for a long trip.  We are gone 9 days to Oregon and Chicago.  I'm really not looking forward to long flights with Zuri.  It could go "ok" or "terrible."  The flights are pretty long.  I have packed her everything I can think of, including things she has never really done before.  Crayons, markers, dry erase board for the crayons, cars and the leappad.  Of course we will also have our phones and Ipad, hopefully something helps!

At the gym staring at the basketball courts...


Post nap hair...



Zuri now has 6th teeth and a 7th tooth is very close.  She has two front teeth and two bottom teeth, along with one tooth on the left (our left) on top and bottom.  The top right tooth is very close, probably close enough to breakthrough while we are on our trip!! Yay!  Not so much.

Here she is with her elephant, stuffed animals have been pretty fun for her.





Wish us good luck and I will post her 18th month info after we get back!


Check out my teeth!


LOVES her blanket and her favorite sleep position...

No comments: