Thursday, August 8, 2013

19 Months!


 Love her Nike shoes!




Zuri is now closer to two years old than she is one year old.  Seems like she has been here forever, but still so odd to think that she is closing in on two years...well not yet!

This last month has gone pretty well.  I once heard someone say that kids are good long enough for you to forget about how bad they can or have been.  Hopefully, our good stage lasts much longer!  Zuri has been on the same routine now for quite a few months now.  With wake ups, gym time, meals, naps and afternoons all pretty much the same.  Today she has decided to NOT nap, however she is talking in her room (going on 1.5 hours-I finished this post and of course now she is asleep-way late in the afternoon).  I am pretty sure she was tired, but for some reason she doesn't want to nap.  I am not looking forward to the future when she doesn't take an afternoon nap.  I like my "alone" time when she naps, I can get things done, or even nap myself!


Anyway, Zuri still does not "talk" using real words.  Every once in awhile you will hear a real word, but she doesn't use them at any frequency.  Yesterday she decided that STELLA would be her new word.  She was yelling out the backdoor and I listened and realized she was saying Stella because Stella was in the backyard.  Today she was yelling for Stella to come downstairs when we were downstairs.  I will be curious if this will be a word she will continue to use.  I have already heard it more than any other word she has ever used.



Zuri has all 4 molars coming in now.  They are definitely the tip of the iceberg because points have come through but those things are huge once they get in (only one has come all the way in).  She now has 12 teeth total (including the 3 molars that have just started coming in).  She has been much better getting these teeth, probably getting use to it because so many have come in around the same time.  Zuri only had 6 teeth about a month ago, so she doubled her teeth in a month!  That is crazy.

I do not know any of her height or weight stats from this month.  She seems heavier than she did even a few weeks ago.  Although she hasn't been eating as much as usual, either because of her teeth or because her growth has slowed, I don't know.  She definitely can wear size 2t and we just bought some 3t clothes for winter.

We (Zuri and I) attempted a brief potty training session earlier this month.  It was somewhat successful and somewhat not.  Zuri and I both learned when she needs to go to the potty, but she doesn't seem to be interested in going to the potty.  I am going to try again soon, once she shows that she wants to go to the potty and can communicate that with me better.  She went on the potty 7 times over two days, which was pretty good success, just not super interested (2 the first day and 5 the second day).  However, once she put underwear on she would go in those.  She didn't understand that they are not diapers and not where we are suppose to go.



Zuri has magically learned to use a fork.  I say magically because it is not like we have spent a lot of time using one.  She can use it for easy to eat foods that need a fork.


She can walk down the stairs but she generally reaches for my hand and wants me to walk with her.  Which I MUCH prefer.



The only other new thing that Zuri has been doing is that she wants to sit with me every night before bed.  This is after we have sat down and read books and brushed our teeth.  She wants a few minutes of us just sitting there, singing some songs or me rubbing her legs.  Then I ask if she is ready for bed and she will grab her blankets and I know she is ready.

She will finally tell you what a cow says "mmmm", what a duck says "kak", kitty says "meeeeo" in a high pitched voice, dog says "fuf"  and she can still say what an elephant says "raises her arm for the trunk."  We go over animals all the time, but she still doesn't say what a pig says, but most of those have just started happening this last week.


We took Zuri to the Renaissance Festival last weekend.  It was pretty fun, but super hilly and pretty hard to walk with a stroller.  Zuri enjoyed being out.  She really liked this ride for kids.  It was a thing that went around and around, like a regular ride at a fair, except that it was started by people pushing it. Anyway, she wanted to ride it.  I figured she wouldn't like it so I was skeptical when she climbed up on to the platform to ride it.  I put her in the seat and walked away thinking it wouldn't last long.  But she LOVED the ride!


Too hard to get us in the picture in the right spots!

It was so hot out, a break in the shade for some water....


Likes:
Watermelon
Dancing
Music
Videos on leappad (but picky about which one and when)
Gym daycare
Swimming
Bath time (and recently loves bubbles, she will grab the bubbles and want me to put them in)
Stuffed animals (especially her stuffed dogs)
Cars
Balls


Dislikes:
Me not knowing what she wants to read, eat, watch-she is very picky now
Really that is all I can think of right now!

She also likes helping me feed the dogs.  The other day she let her dog eat with Polar after she fed him.

Here she is dancing...she would go and push the button to make the ABC's come on and start dancing again and again!

No comments: