Saturday, May 10, 2014

38 Weeks with Baby A (aka #2)

We are approaching the end of week 38.  Seriously, that means that a baby will be here probably no more than 2 more weeks and she will likely be here sooner.  Every where I go people ask me when I am due, which is a clear sign that it LOOKS like I should be due any minute!



I continue to say that I don't mind being pregnant and really don't even notice until I look in the mirror or realize I only have about one drawer of clothes that fit.  And even then I wouldn't say that some of those shirts really fit me much anymore! I'm pretty sure people don't want to unexpectedly see my lower (under) side of my belly, but I'm sure it happens a lot!  Thank goodness for my one really long maternity tank and my longer workout tanks that have elastic on the bottom.

We are guessing when the baby will come and I had guessed the 11th, which is tomorrow.  Not sure that is going to happen but I am getting more "mentally" prepared that the baby will be here soon.  As every parent says they worry about their first child no longer being an "only child." And Zuri definitely likes being with me every second, but I am sure she will adjust, as we all will.  I think I am getting more ready to meet her.

I am still worried about the first few months and I hope that she will be a good sleeper, but as I have always said I guess I should plan for a difficult time and hope that she will be an easy baby.  I am hoping we can figure out some sort of routine and plan because it is difficult with Pedro's work schedule and my work schedule, but I know we will figure it out.

This week I have had a baby shower, worked out, done a lesson, had practice, met with someone about our new house, had breakfast out with Zuri, went to a Mother's day event at Zuri's school and had a doctors appointment.  We also started potty training (which deserves a post of it's own!!!)  Nothing like a full week!   My doctor's appointment is the last appointment I have (kind of) until my actual due date.  This week I hadn't had enough water and so my "pee" test showed higher protein although my blood pressure was only 95/55 they still made me schedule another appointment just for a "pee" test and blood pressure check on Monday.  When I was checked this week I had not dilated or effaced.  Which I knew would be the case, I figured since I have had a few contractions I wouldn't have progressed any (with Zuri I didn't have any contractions that I knew of and then I was quite far along without knowing it!).

I'm trying to really enjoy the last few days of pregnancy since this will most likely be our last pregnancy, as we plan to have two children.  I really do not mind being pregnant and it is something I will actually probably miss (just not those initial sleepless nights with a newborn, or maybe we have some good nights this time!!).



Baby Info:
Day's till due date: 9!!!
Day's pregnant: 271 days!
Baby size: 19.75 inches (leek)  6.8 lbs
Baby is full term and will probably not grow too much more at this point, but is probably gaining some weight but slowly.



No comments: