Sunday, April 27, 2014

Closing and building...




I officially closed on my first house.  I bought the house back in 2005 and had lived there since.  A lot of changes happened in that house from living with Kory, living alone, Pedro moving in, getting married, having Zuri and now another baby on the way.  I was definitely a little sad to be moving out, but we are excited to start  fresh at a new house with a bigger family!

I would post a picture of our new house but I don't have one yet!  We have been told that closing will happen sometime between the end of May and the end of June.  We were also told about a month ago that it wouldn't be until August, so who really knows!

It has been a lot of work with our new house.  Going to the design center and picking out options, changing options because of their huge mark up on things, figuring out how to get things done that we want on our own.  Plus we need to look into furniture and other house things, which we haven't gotten too far on.  We want to get a lot done before the baby comes because it is already difficult scheduling times to do these things with Zuri, Pedro's work schedule and my work schedule.

One picture I have is of the awesome view we have from our loft!!
That open space area will always be open space because it is part of a wildlife refuge!

Here is to us moving on and moving up!

No comments: