Saturday, August 16, 2014

Avi 3 Months!




I feel like she has been here forever!  We have gotten in to our groove of how to get things done without much help.  I am thankful she has been a pretty happy baby.





We spent her 3 month birthday lounging at the pool today!


This month she has practiced her belly time and has good strength.  I think rolling over will happen soon but I am usually wrong.  She likes to look at herself in a mirror or on the phone.


Laughing

Her day has been going something like this:

Wake up 8:00am
Eats and watches sister play
Nap time 9:15am-The best naps are happening in the swing and she can nap for hours this way.  In her crib the nap only lasts in increments of about 40 minutes.
Awake around 12:00 to eat
Watch sister play and hang out for a bit
Nap time 2:30ish--usually after I lay Zuri down for her nap
Wake up around 5:00pm to eat and play
Cranky around 7pm- I would lay her down but instead I give her a bath, usually with Zuri and then a bottle while Zuri finishes up her bath.

Avi sleeping on the bathroom floor while waiting for Zuri to finish her bath

 I then take Avi to Zuri's room to read books and finish the bottle.  Sometime during this point she finishes her bottle and I take her and swaddle her and lay her down.  I then go back and sing to Zuri and they are both in bed around 8:30pm.
Avi has been waking random times at night anywhere between 1 and 5.  After she eats it is usually 3 or 4 hours before she wakes again to eat.  Sometimes she is having rough/loud sleep after she eats if it is early in the morning when she eats, which makes me super tired.
Day starts all over again.

She is still sleeping in the cradle.  It has been easier to feed her and keep her happy when I am in the room with her.  I mainly keep her in our room right now because her room is really close to Zuri's and I don't want to take the chance of her waking Zuri up.

She has gone to the gym a few times and has done well there.  She takes a nap while she is there because we go in the morning.  With two naps and a sister that likes to be home to eat lunch there is a limited window for me to go to the gym right now.

Avi has also been sitting in her jumper but she is a little short for it right now, so we have a box under her feet.  Right after I took this picture Zuri decided to help Avi jump and play.  She shook the seat really hard and Avi was not happy about it!



She likes to hold blankets or the baby blankets with a rattle while laying down.  She also likes to pull them up over her face while she is napping if she hasn't been swaddled.  I give her a pacifier but I am not sure she really needs it.  Here she is holding a lady bug and pulling it up to her face while she is about to fall asleep.  Although it looks like she is being attacked by a giant lady bug!



3 month stats:
Guessing about 11 lbs?
Height: not sure
Milestones: lifting head while on belly, big smiles and laughing




Watching basketball


She likes sitting up


No comments: