Monday, August 11, 2014

Zuri 2.5 Years Old!

Zuri is 2 years and 7 months old.  The "terrible two's" have definitely been terrible.  She is stubborn, loud and opinionated.  Not much different than any other time in her life, but now she likes to disagree with me with any thing that I want her to do.  She has had a lot of changes (which I mentioned before) so I know some of her issues are because of those big changes.  Literally in 4 months she moved twice, started school, got a baby sister, potty trained and moved to a big girl bed.  During that time she has traveled out of state, stayed in a hotel and been without me for a few days while I coached locally and out of state.  I don't mean to give her any excuses but I know it has been a lot for her.

She has handled the large changes very well.  Better than I expected.  It's the little things she has been doing that show that she is struggling with some of the changes.  Things like wanting to carry her blanket around, being scared by random things (and telling me that she is scared).  Her biggest issue happened at school when they had a fire drill.  She now equates school with "fire drill" said in a whiney voice and cries about going to school, but when I pick her up she is having a lot of fun there.

Zuri has been really good with Avi.  She likes to ask where baby sister is.  One of my favorite things is she will ask me "what's baby sister name?" then she will answer "AviELLLA"  She way over emphasizes the ella part.  She likes to pretend to share with Avi by giving her something and then immediately taking it away.

The big thing since we moved in to the new house has been her adjustment to a big girl bed.  I was really worried she wouldn't want a new bed.  But I kept building it up telling her that she was getting a big girl bed at the new house.  Showing her where it would go and getting her excited.  I wasn't sure how to do it, if we should let her sleep in the crib when we first moved or if I should make her sleep in the new bed.  I brought her over with the bed setup before we moved in and she was so excited for it that I decided we should just try it!



She LOVED IT!!


She has fallen out of bed twice because she is such a wild sleeper, but I have just gone in and picked her up and put her back in to bed. She has really surprised me with her like of her new bed.  I should definitely give her some credit.

Our issues have been more of a power struggle with things like she wants to read 10 books and I say we can read 3 books and so she throws a wild temper tantrum.  She definitely throws multiple tantrums a day.  Hoping this is just the "terrible two's" and not something that will continue on.  Luckily I have had a pretty easy going baby so it has balanced things out well.

Some of the things I have had a harder time dealing with because I know she has had a lot of major milestone changes and so I know some of her issues are related to that but most of them are just her trying to learn her limits.



First meal at the new house.








No comments: