Sunday, September 21, 2014

Too Sad For Words

Grandma "Topper" passed away on September 19th, 2014 around 9:10pm with Kurt and Sylvia (care giver) at her side.  I am glad that Kurt was there so she had someone with her when she passed.  Pedro told me she was just waiting for everyone to visit and about an hour before everyone in our family had visited her.  We thought she would pull through as she seemed to pull through most things.  She was 94 years old.  No matter how old she was, she still passed too soon for me and my family.  I loved her very much and we had a lot of great memories together.  From her serving me breakfast for dinner, heavenly hash ice cream, baking together, playing cards, watching the price is right, going with her to get her dogs, licorice candy (gross!), splitting gum in half, going to church together, working on memorizing things for wednesday night class, making me memorize everything for church even though I had set up a system that each person memorized only a few things so that nobody had to memorize everything, teaching me my times tables, watching wheel of fortune, eating tea garden together, Zuri loving her, Zuri sharing her toys with her, Grandma worrying about me while I was working and pregnant,  how happy she would get to see the kids, how excited she was to hold Avi, Zuri wanting to tell grandma topper goodnight and love you and so many more things.....












We visited Grandma at the hospital in the afternoon on the day she died.  Before we left Zuri wanted to tell Grandma good bye and gave her a kiss and said quietly, love you.  I had to YELL it to grandma because her hearing was so bad.  But I am glad we got to see her before she passed and I am glad the last memory I will have is of Zuri telling her that she loves her.


No comments: