Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer has arrived!

The good and the bad about Colorado weather. You can have wonderful days in the winter, fall and spring (note summer is not wonderful). You can also have horrible days in the winter, fall and spring. This weekend summer officially began and it started with a bang. A week ago I was out riding wondering if I should put on my toe warmers. Now I am wondering if anyone would notice if I had no clothes on..? Probably, so I have opted to wear as little as possible, besides I know my new bike seat is comfortable, but probably not that comfortable.

Anyway, I am still not in full run yet. I am building on my bike and swims but not yet really running. When I say really running, meaning more than about 4-5 miles on NON-consecutive days. Monday I biked for 65 miles in 90 degree heat with a surprising 2,200 feet of total elevation gain. Which was a nice surprise! I followed it with a run with run club and when you go from running in cold weather and you take two weeks off of running and run in 90 degree weather, it seemed like a long slow run. But it was only 4.5 miles!

90 degree days have taken over and I am hoping to try to run about 8 miles tomorrow and see how my knee does.

Hoping for a few more "cooler" days before the devils breath (as I mentioned last year, the hot hot wind on the hot days) starts up as well.

No comments: