Thursday, September 24, 2009

Training

The last two weeks of training have brought up some strange things. I think because the addition of running, since I had only run about 10 times total since June, the new pounding have made my legs tired. I am not sure tired is even the word to best describe them. Achy and tired is probably a little better. With the addition of the stairmaster during all of my "non-running" running, it definitely kept my conditioning at a higher level than the elliptical did, when I had to do that awhile ago. With the higher level of conditioning it is hard to gradually build on the run, because cardio-wise I am feeling fine! I have however decided that the best idea is to gradually build.

My long run this week was 1hr 35min. On top of that, it was all on the treadmill this week because of the change in weather. It was cold and rainy the day of my long run and so I decided to make run club, run with me inside on the treadmill.

My legs have felt a little better this week than last. Last week I had to take Friday off and lay around all day. My legs were definitely not happy. I am hoping that between now and Florida they gain the ability to run a marathon, and feel good!

I have been nervous about the prospect of racing FL IM. Because of the lack of running that I have done. I will have to build that base up, almost until my race. Doing that will allow me to have about a 2.5hr long run.

This week has also not been helpful because the weather has taken a change for the worse. Today I had a 6 hour bike ride, which took place all indoors. Three hours on a spin bike and three on the trainer. I figure if I can mentally do that, then FL shouldn't be too bad?!

Anyway, just wanted to update the training info.

No comments: