Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Update Part II

Alright...

Training.

Oddly enough after a meeting with the running store people, they told me they thought my itb problem and other problems may be due to my orthotics. Which, if you know how many adjustments I have had, isn't too surprising. UGH!

Anyway, they told me to go to Boulder and meet with the people that make orthotics and also Newton shoes. After meeting with them they concurred and decided I don't need orthotics at all!! Now, I originally got orthotics to fix my achilles problems. They said I need to stretch and use a foam roller on my calves to help that, but otherwise the orthotics and the stability shoes were not good for my feet. I have worn the same style of shoes for 8 plus years! Great news! LOL.

Anyway, they got me in some Newton shoes and I bought another pair of neutral running shoes and have begun running. Now get this...pain free. I don't want to jinx it and I am slowly building my running, but seriously???!! I have had some achilles pain but the foam roller on the soleus has been very helpful. The ITB has been great so far.

This week I did my long run, as 65min of running followed by 65 min of stairmaster! It was probably one of my hardest workouts ever!

I have done stairs once and another run of about 45min. Today I did 30min on the tred. It has been going decently well. We will see once the time builds a bit more.

Yesterday I biked for 100 miles, or 5.5 hours. I came home to a great surprise!! Pedro picked up a drink for me at Sonic, it was so good since it was quite hot outside. The other best part of the ride was that I stopped at 711 and filled my bottles with 7up and ice, it was a great treat.

After two hours of being outside, my heat rash on my quad returned. It is the first time this season that this has happened, it is not a pretty thing!

This weekend we have our half ironman race, Pedro has been having his own issues, but hopefully he is ready for the longest run he has ever had!!

No comments: