Saturday, July 16, 2011

IT'S A....

BABY!

Yes, that is right, we are now 14 weeks pregnant. We are NOT finding out if it is a boy or girl, so we will just have to say "it's a baby!".

Here is some information about my previous weeks:

I took a pregnancy test on May 8th, Mother's Day and after looking very hard at the test, it appeared to have two pink lines. Now, I have to say if we ever take another pregnancy test, it will not be one like this. We will use one that says Pregnant, NOT pregnant, because this was actually more difficult than I thought!

A week before I got a positive test, I was REALLY wanting BACON! Now, if you know me, you know that I don't usually sit down and eat too much meat, especially things like BACON! This still didn't give me a clue. That week I was also having dreams about going to Subway and then Taco Bell (for my favorite nacho bell grande), again, love TB, but wouldn't just go there unless someone else was offering it.

At 5 weeks pregnant, I was starving. One night I went to bed and was a little hungry, but thought it wasn't a big deal. I woke up at 3am and I felt like I do when I am doing Ironman training. I was so hungry.

At 7 weeks we had our first ultrasound. There was hardly anything you could see, I felt like the episode of Friends when Rachel and Ross were at the Doctor's office and she couldn't see the baby! You could definitely see the heartbeat, which at that time was 143.



At around this time I was craving broccoli cheese soup. So, we had to go get me some soup!

At about 7.5 weeks, I started feeling very nauseas. NOTHING sounded good, and I was not feeling well ALL DAY long. I found that if I had toast for breakfast, with maybe an egg, and peanut butter and jelly for lunch and dinner, that was about all I could handle. Even the thought of something like the soup that I had wanted so badly a few days before sounded DISGUSTING!

Because I was going to be traveling on a plane to a tournament at 9 weeks, they gave us another ultrasound just to make sure every thing was ok, and to see if I needed anything for the flight. We were still measuring right on track, this time the baby looked like a gummy bear. This time the heart rate was 176. They told me they could give me something for the nausea for flying, but I decided I would just hope for the best. Oddly, I was quite lucky and started feeling pretty decent on my trip.

The gummy bear ultrasound:


I had decided that I wanted to change doctors to one that is in Brighton, so this doctor gave me another ultrasound (for free) because she wanted to verify the dates. This was at 10.5 weeks. Here is a picture from that ultrasound:


The difference was pretty dramatic to me between the ultrasounds. This last one was only about 10 days after the one before, so I told the doctor that I was pretty sure that it couldn't be our baby! Plus I don't really feel all that pregnant (not sure what "feeling" pregnant would be...).

I am still working out everyday. I still run although my pace has been quite a bit slower since about 9 weeks or so. I am running aerobically, which is A LOT slower now. I am only running 3-5 miles about 3 days a week. The other days I am doing stairmaster or elliptical and lifting. I plan on swimming some more, just haven't.

The only problem I am having, I have had for quite some time already...it might have started around week 9 or so. But my SI joint has been hurting. Which then leads to some sharp stabbing pains in my butt. When these hit, I almost drop to the ground. I find that when I am coaching all day and sitting it is worse, so I try to make sure I don't sit too much. I also think the slower running mechanics might have some impact, along with the regular idea of it being because I am pregnant.

I have also discovered this last 2 weeks or so that a lot of my "normal" shorts are no longer fitting. Today was the first day I had to actually wear the bella band with a pair of shorts. Looks like I will have to stick with my workout shorts or a skirt because I do not own any maternity shorts (unless I can find a pair that look normal, not like an old person's!).

I will publish a few photos of my stomach. These are morning pictures. By the afternoon, my food baby is in full effect and I look about 9 months pregnant!

10 weeks pregnant:


14 weeks pregnant:



I also decided to do some fun pregnancy statistics:
Pregnancy tests taken: 1
Days till due date: 180
Doctors appointments: 3
Pounds gained: different scales and not sure of starting weight, but 6 lbs
Times called the doctor: once to ask if I could ride the gondola up to the top of the mountain in Aspen
Movements felt: none so far
Favorite breakfast: egg sandwich on wheat toast
Favorite dessert: sadly, I am not wanting any sweets at this time :(
Baby items procured: 4 (crib from pedro's mom, changing table from pedro's mom, one toy from karen, blanket from my mom)
Size of baby right now: lemon, 3.5 inches long
Current complaint: SI pain
Current cravings: none

No comments: