Wednesday, June 11, 2008

This week...

Workouts:
Monday 4 hour bike (75 miles) + 18 min run(slow 1.76miles)
Tues: Long Run on Tread (too hot for me!) 2 hrs (11miles, but who knows treds are not very accurate and I did inclines up and down throughout)
Tues: later in the day I rode my trainer inside Easy Bike 45min (12miles)
Weds: Weights followed by Tempo Swim of 3,500 yds (78min).
Weds: later in the day Easy Run 28min (2.7miles)

The bike ride this week was interesting because my average heart rate was only 139 for the ride. It seemed quite easy and I had a hard time getting my heart rate up. I followed this with a brick run which I thought might be good since my hr was so low biking..but not luck there my avg for this horribly slow run was 161 avg...not good. I guess you need to get use to running off the bike. Again my legs were not tired but my hr was high.

The long run on tues was done inside because it was 90plus degrees outside. Yeah I know I need to learn to run in the heat, but like I have said give me a gradual build up to that heat. My avg hr for this was 148 for the whole run and I was going up and down so the miles are deceiving. The easy bike I did later so I could watch the NBA finals while biking.

Today I had the tempo swim. It is a long tempo swim, I swam for the main set 6 sets of (3x50 with 5 second rest, 1x200 easy 1 min rest). Then I had to swim 20x25. I swam all of these 25 yards in 21-23 seconds..so I think that isn't too bad..? Especially after having swam nearly 3,000yds before doing those.
I also lifted right before swimming today. I just returned from an easy run of 28 minutes with an avg hr of 148 (for easy days it has to be under 150 the whole time). It was really windy out but I tried to run parallel with the wind for most of it.

A random thought. To me training is finding a balance between what your body can aborb and what quantity is needed to be done to reach your max, without starting to go backwards. This will be interesting to me since I ran a half marathon and took 6th or something in my age group while only running about 12 miles a week and having only run 10 miles one time, in my whole life, prior to racing. So, hopefully the amount of work I am doing translates into better times :)

I have a lot to do this week, training wise and "work" wise. I leave Sunday for Europe and need to do a lot of little things before I leave.

No comments: