Friday, June 6, 2008

Today I had my long ride planned. I was going to wake up early and head out for a 5.5 hr ride followed by a 30 min run. Instead I woke up to wind slamming my curtains open and close at about 645am. I got up and checked my email to see what my "riding partner" for the day had to say. He said it was super windy and he wasn't sure how it would go...so I agreed and went back to bed.

I woke up to wind still at my house. Usually, when it is windy at my house it is hurricane like outside of my neighborhood. Then I pulled up the weather on the computer and they said 6mph wind. The news said light wind. Remembering back to a previous post..which said "trust the weatherman". I decided to go out. Instead of venturing too far from my house I stayed close and rode Riverdale back and forth...yes multiple times. I am glad I can pretend in my head that I hadn't ridden the 18 mile road before and so it wasn't horrible. I did end up with a 3hr57min ride 73 miles. Then I got home and had to do a "brick run". So, I put on my shoes and out the door I went for what I thought was to be a run. Well, it ended up being more of a brisk walk. It was my first real brick...and my first heat of the day run. Not so great. My legs were not tired at all my heart rate was high and it actually felt quite high.

I have decided I need new nutrition on the bike because after the 3 hour point my hr starts going up and my rpe (rate of perceived effort) stays low...so it must be a nutrition thing.

That was the exciting part of the week so far :)

No comments: