Tuesday, September 30, 2008

FOOD!

Food is a big thing at our house. I mean we eat A LOT! I might actually say that we eat more when I am not in full training because I am home more and so I eat more times in a day.

The funny thing about this is grocery shopping. I hate grocery shopping. However, anytime Pedro goes to the store he comes home with some very interesting items. One day he brought home lactose free milk. Now I am not exactly sure what that is, but he did drink it all. I thought lactose was the thing that "made" milk...so who knows?
The best thing (not really) about him going to the store is that he comes home with some really good things. Not good, as in good for you, but good as in my current favorite; Double Stuf Oreo's (yes the bag has only one f on the stuff). I really think it might be a sin when I am eating my oreo's out of my Ironman glass. But they are dang good. The other thing he loves to buy is sugary cereal. Currently, we have cinnamon toast cruch. These are things I would never buy during actual training...and most people should never eat. As Kory pointed out Oreo's are probably one of the worst foods a person can eat...funny how the worst are always the best tasting.

Then I go to make lasagna tonight. He comes in and asks "is that enough sauce? is that enough cheese??" This is a usual thing if he happens to come in the kitchen while I am actually making the food. He has no idea, what or how much of anything goes into our dinners...so fastforward to tonight when we ate the lasagna, it was apparently so good that by the time I got home nearly half of the 9 by 11 pan was eaten.
Anyway, so no more shopping for Pedro. Back to the boring foods that I buy. And the trips to the store a few times a week.

No comments: