Thursday, September 25, 2008

Running has not been going great. I have not been running a significant distance but my heart rate just doesn't seem to be lowering at the same pace, which it definitely is suppose to be doing. The annoying thing is that it has gotten better on the bike, but just not on the run. Pre-hr monitor I was fast. This is a common statement. But I mean I could finish top 15, in my age, in the Bolder Boulder which has over 50,000 runners. Now, I'm malasses. Very frustrating. They say it could be because I trained for so long in an anaerobic state (pretty much my whole life of basketball and faster running). So, now I suck.


Well, again I went in for another bike fit. Getting quite annoyed, as I am sure they are with me. This time we changed my bike cleats and raised my seat. He asked if I was still growing since the bike seat doesn't seem to be the right height...again. We will see if that helps. The knee pain I had during the race was not pleasant, but at least it didn't hurt after I got off the bike, until the next day.


Right now I am trying to create my own running group. I might have some people that are interested. I think people are scared to run with me, but I am not sure why, since I am running as fast as some people can walk!



Here is a pict that my dad made of my race, no it is not me on the bike at mile 56..I am the person in the pink cap in the group of people headed to the swim.

No comments: