Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Race Day is Almost Here!

This will be my last pre-race post, unless I have time once I am in Madison.

This last week I have done a short workout everyday. Either a short 30 min (2000yd) swim, or a 40 min run. I had to turn in my bike on Saturday for shipping so I have been without my bike.

I am feeling good. I have slept A LOT and layed around a lot. Today I also got a massage. I leave tomorrow at 930am. I am not nervous yet. I thought it was funny when Marc called today and said that I would be ok if I could just make it through the marathon, which as he said "would be very hard". Funny because the marathon is at the end and of course I can make it, if I get through the marathon..lol. I know what he was meaning, but it made me laugh none the less.

Right now I am hoping for 70 degree weather and no rain. So, everyone should think like this and help to make it true. I do now have a few rain coats I borrowed from a friend in case I need one so that does make me feel better.

If you want to track the race you can track it on: www.ironman.com or www.ironmanwisconsin.com (OR CLICK ON THE IRONMAN LOGO on Left)


I found a few quotes that I liked so I will end with these:

"Fear is probably the thing that limits performance more than anything - the fear of not doing well, of what people will say. You've got to acknowledge those fears, then release them." --Mark Allen

"Life, to me, is a series of false limits and my challenge as an athlete is to explore those limits"--Lance Armstrong


"Excellence is caring more than others think wise; risking more than others think safe. Dreaming more than others think is practical and EXPECTING more than others THINK is POSSIBLE."

WISH ME LUCK!!!!

No comments: