Monday, May 25, 2009

Starting Again...

Training has begun again for the second time this year. This is for the Boulder half ironman in August. Which will be followed by my full ironman in Panama City Beach, Nov 7th.

Recovery went well. My quads were really sore for a few days and it was probably from pedaling so much on the flats for the bike. Today I completed my long run of 12 miles. Pedro ran 7 miles with me, so we will see how he feels tomorrow!

Tomorrow I will go and pick up Shamu. It is weird being without him for so long! I know you may think I am a weirdo, but when you workout nearly everyday with someone and then you don't have them for a whole week...well, it is annoying having to go to the gym to ride a spin bike.

Currently, Pedro has decided he is going to start training with me to hopefully do a tri. I am leaning towards him doing a half with me, maybe even Orlando again next year. We will see how much time and energy he has for this type of training. Also, how he will handle the loss of some strength because your body is working so hard aerobically. Besides, not having enough time on work days to lift and do aerobic activities, or at least not at the level either need to be to build significantly...which will lead him to make a choice. Hopefully, he will enjoy it and want to continue some training with me!

I think the big difference of training with him vs. other people is that we don't feel the need to "chit chat". Most people you bike or run with want to talk. It's not that I mind talking some of the time..but on a long run and bike I don't want to talk the whole time!

Travel and tournaments start soon for me, which begins the busy basketball time of the year. Along with busy training time. This year having 3 or 4 teams in local tournaments and 2 summer traveling teams, it is a lot more crazy.

No comments: