Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July weekend!

Without being able to run and without Shamu I had a short week of workouts. Shamu is back and in a clean working condition...we had a nice ride today before I leave for ten days.

This week we went to the boat with Kurt and Dena (will post a picture later). Pedro and I wakeboarded. I got up on my 3rd try (not for long) and on my 4th try and Pedro got up on his 5th try...however, he stayed up for a lot longer than I could. He also kneeboarded, which he thought was great! We can't wait to go again!

Friday night (3rd) we went downtown to a nice steak dinner at Willie G's, it was a nice filet and Pedro, of course, got the porterhouse. After dinner we walked around for awhile and then grabbed a coffee and went down to watch the firework show at coor's field.

Here is Pedro enjoying the fireworks:


Pedro and I waiting for the fireworks to start:


I tried on this hat (looks pretty good!) Pedro thinks I look like I belong at a Polo match or in Cape Cod or something...



On Saturday, Pedro wasn't feeling great and I went out for a four hour ride. Later in the evening we went to Kurt and Dena's house to watch the kids light fireworks and have a bbq. It was Pedro and I, Kurt, Dena and their kids, my parents and Craig, Lisa and their kids. The kids had fun lighting all the fireworks and surprisingly no incidents (like lighting fireworks inside!). It was a cool evening for the fourth.

My dad in his "superman" blanket:


We looked like an old couple in the cold, watching the fireworks:


Pedro, Katie and I..


Pedro lighting a "roman candle"


Tomorrow I leave for nearly 10 days. The ten days a year that I have to "work". I'm sure the dogs will miss me (not sure about Pedro!).

No comments: