Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week 1 recap.

This was officially my week 1 training toward IM Florida, in Nov. I forget how "easy" it is on week 1, but with my knee bothering me I decided it was best to start at the bottom.

The week started off with a trip to the lake with Kurt, Dena and kids. We spent most of the afternoon there tubing and knee boarding (no wakeboarding for us this time). I decided the tubing is the most fun! I was laughing so hard that my abs started to hurt! It was a lot of fun going off waves and flying in the air! I never let go of the tube, but Pedro flew off after hitting his face on the tube. You might be able to tell by the picture but I was bracing myself with my arm so that I wasn't "flat" on the tube.


Pedro and I about to tube (my new hair, much better in person!)


I also experienced knee boarding for the first time. I was a little worried with my knees, but it was way more fun then expected!


Pedro on the kneeboard..soon he will be trying tricks!


Week 1 of training has gone like this:
Monday 3hr bike ride.
Monday 1hr run with run club. This was my long run time for the week, so instead of doing my run the next day, as scheduled, I had to make this my long one..ooops!

Tuesday 25min easy run
Tuesday weights
Tuesday 45min easy bike
Tuesday 1200m tempo swim

Wednesday 2,200m swim (with swim club)
Wednesday 30min stairmaster (extra workout)
Wednesday 1hr10min tempo bike (with pedro)

Thursday 1hr35min mod bike
Thursday 35min tempo run (2min fast, 1min jog)x8

Tomorrow is "legs off day" so I have a 4,000m swim.
Saturday I have a moderate run with run club.

On Weds, Pedro and I met Linzy to have our usual mexican food. It is only the second time I have seen Linzy during her pregnancy. She is due very soon!



This weekend I have to coach in our last college coaches viewing period tournament. Pedro is back to working nights, which is a lot better for us!

No comments: