Thursday, July 9, 2009

On the road...

The worst part of my job is now. Ten straight days on the road. The annoying part for training is that I am not going to run until my leg is better. I am not sure any of the training I am doing is fine for my knee either. The days may not seem bad to some people. We have played three games a day since arriving in oregon. We spend time going to games, playing and eating.
I can't explain it but you are so tired. Not tired like after a five hour ride..but maybe worse. I guess it would be mentally exhausting. So I want to sleep a lot.
For working out I have done elliptical and stationary bike. But the most amazing thing is I have gone swimming twice already. The problem is that the first pool was just cleaned and was only about two feet at one end. It was also cold..a few others got in and out quickly. The next swim I went to a different gym. This one was disgusting! The water was so gross that I could barely see the lane line. When I got to the wall I had to guess it was approaching because I couldn't see the wall until I was right there. None the less, I swam about two miles in the gross water.
We have tomorrow off then leave for chicago on friday. The time change of two hours should be fun.
I'm hoping my leg is better I am missing running and training.

No comments: