Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hard week...

After 10 straight days on the road (ugh!) I am happily back at home. On Weds (I arrived home late on Tues), I decided to start my working out slowly. I went for a 38mile bike ride, which was horrible. My heart rate was very high and I was feeling tired. I decided that I needed to get that out of my system and figured my evening run (with run club) would be much better. It wasn't. I ran 4.2 miles and was very tired. It felt like a LONG run. It didn't help that it was about 90 degrees and I haven't acclimated much to the heat.

The next day I went for another 4mile run. Again, figuring I had got all of my bad workouts in already. Wrong again. I wore my heart rate monitor this time and my hr was around 180 the whole run. It was hot, but I was struggling. Not good. My knee didn't hurt, so I will take whatever positive there was.

Friday I just swam. Swimming went well. I figure next week I will get back into full training mode. I also looked up my "altitude" and you can begin to lose red blood cells after 10 days, and I definitely feel like I have!

Saturday I ran with run club nearly 6 miles, in cooler early morning temps. I ran an 8:55 pace and didn't feel like I was going to die, though if I wore my hr monitor I'm sure it would say different. Then came WORK.

I had basketball practice right after run club. That wasn't work compared to the rest of the day.

Pedro and his stubborn ways decided he was going to pull our tree out front, that was dead. I tried to help, but was then informed I was no help. So, I sat and watched him try to pull the tree out for about 2hrs. He didn't want to ask anyone else for help either. Finally, my neighbor came out and got my other neighbor to come over and help. We ended up with four guys and one stump of a tree.

One of the neighbors had an electric saw and helped saw out the roots, so we could eventually get the stump out.

Four guys one stump of a tree:


Pedro trying to pull the stump out:


How many guys does it take to get out a stump?? Maybe if they ALL worked!



After all the work we had to get a new tree. We didn't want to spend a lot on a tree. We looked at a few places and finally decided the tree was going to cost at least $70. Until...Pedro found a tree on clearance!!! Yes, a tree on clearance...? It has a one year warranty so it couldn't be too bad?! We bought the tree, which is about 10 feet tall and a baby evergreen for the backyard.

Check out our new additions!





Besides that I got my haircut today...no pictures, you have to see it in person :)

No comments: