Monday, August 1, 2011

Fastest and longest...

Ok, so I haven't been running very fast. Saturday I ran with run club for my usual 4 mile run and ran about a 10:10 pace. Then I followed that with 5 games (or maybe it was 6) with the last game starting at 9:45pm. Then a shorter, but early, day on Sunday for my games and so I got in lifting and about 40 minutes of stairmaster.

But today, I went to run club with the intent on running 4-5 miles, because it was cloudy out I thought I could do a bit longer than usual run. Then I got there and for the first time since I have been the run club coach (almost 3 years), my boss decided that she was going to run with us. UGH! This meant that I had to run the full run today and not at a slow leisure pace. Yes, she knows that I am pregnant (either that or I have just eaten too much the past few months). Anyway, we start our 6 mile run and BAM! the sun comes out. Of course. So, now I am running a whopping, get this...are you ready...a 9:00 minute pace (overall average was 9:15)! I reminded her I was pregnant and that I was running a bit slower now. I could carry a conversation the whole time, so I know I was still aerobic, but probably right at the edge with the heat. The first three miles were all sun, hot and uphill. Horrible. Then the last three were not so bad. Debbie, told me that she had powerade back at the gym, so I could have that when we got back. I was quite thirsty. When we got back after my fastest and longest run in quite some time, I downed 1 bottle of powerade and then filled it up and drank 2 bottles of water. Just to make sure I was rehydrated.

I felt fine after and for the most part during. But I am hoping that I don't have to do that again!

This week I purchased my first few packs of diapers. Yes, we bought diapers already. I guess you can never have enough for something that can require 10+ diaper changes a day!?! We also picked up our glider that we got, which is so amazing we would like 5 of them downstairs for everyday use as our sitting area. Definitely couldn't afford it, but it would be great!

No pregnancy symptoms other than I have now started getting nosebleeds. I have an app on my phone that gives me "tips" each day and the day I had my first nosebleed, I got a tip saying that you may be getting nosebleeds now because of increased blood flow, and dialated veins in your nose because of hormones or something. We were eating mexican food on Saturday and I thought my nose was just running because it was spicy, then it started gushing! I think, maybe the increase in my blood pressure while coaching, maybe helped make that one a good one. Who knows...but I never knew there was such a pregnancy symptom!

165 days left in the pregnancy!

No comments: