Sunday, September 11, 2011

22 weeks...

I am almost 6 months pregnant, time has gone by quickly! Everything has been going well. There isn't a lot to report on this week. I continue to look more and more pregnant. This week a girl at the gym, that works the front desk, told me that she had no idea I was pregnant. I asked her if she thought I was just getting fat? Weird, considering I have been pretty sure the last two weeks, or so, that I for sure look pregnant!

Workouts have been going well. One day I ran on the treadmill and I had to stop and go to the bathroom after every mile (only 3). It was HORRIBLE! However, the next day I ran 4 miles outside and I was fine for the whole run! Must have been where the baby was sitting! I told some people that the main issue with running now is that no matter what I do, or how much I run, I just get slower or it is more difficult. It is just so different than any other time in your life. Usually when you do something, it gets easier or faster. Nope, not during pregnancy. I definitely think that it takes a certain type of person to be able to continue to run, because it is quite demoralizing. But then you have to remember that it is for the greater good of someone else, so it makes it ok. I'm not a worrier, so I guess I don't worry about it.

I haven't had any real symptoms, besides the continued nosebleeds. This last week, I have had a little more tailbone pain. I also had to take out my belly button ring this week, because I need to get a pregnancy one...but also because it looks like it is tearing. Could just be because now the skin on my belly is stretched out more so it looks wider, different.

I have been feeling the baby kick more and more. The last day or so, I haven't felt as many kicks...but I generally feel her at night when I lay down, or when I wake up in the morning. Then there seems to be a long lull throughout the day. We had to do a bar review the other night and it was very loud. VERY loud....and so she kicked me for about 5 minutes straight, in response to the ridiculous noise. I'm sure she will be use to loud noise, since I coach games and it is loud in the gym and I am yelling. So, they say whatever loud noise they are exposed to now, will probably help them be able to ignore it when she is born. Let's hope, because I foresee a lot of games and loud places that she will have to spend some time in when she is born.





In the evening, I am quite a bit bigger...


Random facts:
Days till due date: 124
Days pregnant: 156
Baby size: spaghetti squash, about 11 inches
Baby's weight: 1 lb milestone!
Day's till next doctors appt: 2
Baby fact: Eye's have formed irises (although they still lack pigment)
Baby fact: Sense of touch and taste progress significantly this week
Miles run last week: 11 (3 runs)
Days worked out: 6
Scary but true: If you google 22 weeks pregnant, there are links/images/videos of babies born at 22 weeks, that have survived!

No comments: