Thursday, September 22, 2011

24 Weeks...

Another week has flown by! I am now 24 weeks pregnant. I would say this is 6 months (6 months x 4 weeks), but most places claim 23 weeks is beginning of 6 months (not sure how that works). This week, I have been a little more tired than most weeks. It seems being pregnant you go through weeks of feeling great and weeks or days of feeling tired. That seems to be my common pregnancy symptom, being tired. However, I am generally a tired person! LOL...but usually that is because I have worked out for some huge amount of time. Clearly, not the case now!

Workouts have been going pretty ok this week. Since I have been feeling a little more tired, I feel the same tiredness in my workouts. This was one of those weeks where you get annoyed because no matter what I do, some days doing 40 minutes on the stairmaster makes me feel like that is one of the hardest workouts ever! When really, I went from doing 1.5 hours on level 9/10 to 40 minutes on level 4. As I said, it just seems that some weeks feel a little more difficult than other weeks. Hopefully this next week is better!

Other than that, nothing too exciting going on. I think, looking at the picture this week that I might look bigger than I did last week, but if you were to ask me I would have said that I wasn't any bigger. However, I was wearing a regular tank top at the gym today, a long one (one of only 5 gym shirts that I own that fit), and I was working out and walked past the mirror and noticed that a small portion of my stomach could be seen! I can tell you nobody wants to see that !!!! Last year I was on the stairmaster next to a lady that had her shirt off doing the stairs. I know that they say pregnant women feel hot quicker, but it definitely does NOT look hot! Please, everyone keep their shirts on and long enough not to show belly. I will now just go back to one of the 4 shirts that now fits! Hopefully, these will last throughout the rest of my pregnancy as I do not want to buy any!

The only symptoms I have had have been the tiredness, nosebleeds (yes they have continued) and my stupid dry lip thing...that looks like I have been drinking Kool-aid. UGH! Can't stand it! I have had it since about week 12 and I have tried EVERYTHING to make it better.

This week we have accomplished a few things. We put together quite a few things ("We" as in Pedro). We now have our crib, glider, changing table and dresser in the room. Sounds like a lot? It is! We are going to have to figure out how to make it all work. Right now most of Pedro's clothes are still in the room and some other things, so ignore all of the extra clothes etc. lying around, but here is our current room:


We are going to paint the room and do some other things, so hopefully it will look nice!


Alright, here are this weeks pictures (I want to remind you I take these pictures right when I get up, so that I don't have a "food" baby too!):






Random Facts:
Days Pregnant: 167
Days till due date: 113
Update on the weight gained: I want to say that I posted 19lbs last week. HOWEVER, two days before the doctor I was up 19 lbs, then the day before the doctor my scale said up 15lbs...so I'm sure I am somewhere around this number. I must retain water like no other!
Milestone: At 24 weeks your baby has a 40% chance of surviving if born today
Size: Nearly 1 FOOT long! They say an ear of corn, but I imagine a foot long sub!
Weight: about 1.3 lbs
Uh Oh fact: amniotic fluid is changing this week and will INCREASE in volume, does that mean I will be getting a lot bigger??
Baby body: Cartilage is being replaced with bone

No comments: