Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sleeping..

Zuri has good days and bad days. Last night was one of those bad days. Of course these days seem to happen when Pedro works. To see if she is hungry on one of her many night wakes, I have had Pedro give her a bottle during the first night wake feed. This way I can tell if she is hungry, or just wanting me. Generally, it appears she just wants me. The nights he does this, she drinks maybe an ounce, but then she seems to sleep longer. Last night we didn't do this, since he had to work today. She woke up 5 times in the night. At 4:10, I fed her. Then she decided at 5:00, she was going to be up again. I knew she couldn't be hungry so I decided to not get up and feed her. She literally cried from 5 until 7, when I figured that it was 3 hours from her last meal, she may be hungry. I checked on her every 15-20 minutes. It was miserable.

 Then her morning nap, which she usually goes down for, she decided she was not going to go down for it unless I was holding her. This led to another hour plus of screaming. At this point I decided that maybe she isn't ready to self-soothe. Maybe I should try in another week..? I held her and she slept for 2 hours. Yes, 2 hours. Yesterday, she cried for an hour for her afternoon nap and after one of the times I was in there she finally fell asleep, for a whopping 30 minutes.

 This afternoon, I laid her down two hours after waking up from her nap, because she was getting fussy. It took a good 35 minutes in my arms (UGH!) but she is napping in her crib. I wasn't sure she would actually be asleep, but instead of waiting, I immediately went and got into the shower. I needed a few minutes to my sleep deprived self, because I have practice to go to tonight. I figured if she was crying, then well, she could cry for a bit. I didn't even turn the monitor on. To my surprise when I got out, she wasn't making a sound. I had to check on her  (since I didn't turn the monitor on, because I assumed she would be crying), surprisingly she was asleep. And is right now...making it one of her longest naps.

 Today was a pajama day for me, because I was constantly hoping to get to go back to sleep. Zuri decided it was a long socks day (with no pants) type of day!

She enjoyed sitting in the grass, with the wind blowing and watching the people walk by...



Why is it that she looks so well rested?

No comments: