Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy Day 3 and 4...



Days 3 and 4 have been very similar in her recovery.  Both mornings she woke very weepy.  I went in and she was weeping and shaking.  Literally shaking.  She doesn't have a fever or anything, I think she is shaking from pain.  My assumption is based on the fact that after I get her to take some ibuprofen she stops shaking.  Both morning she wants to be held and wants to go and sit downstairs before we do anything, including changing clothes or diaper.  

Day 3 she was still weepy and clingy for most of the morning so I decided to give her a bath!  This made her much happier.


Then we went and got her medicine (just in case ibuprofen and tylenol don't work) and I got her a slushy and a shake because I wasn't sure which one she would want.  She drank some slushy and was getting tired in the car (although she woke up super late at 9am) and so we got home and I gave her 1/3 dose of her rx meds and she slept from about 1:15-5:15.  She woke sobbing.  She got a little better after she had part of her ibuprofen for the night, then she ate a bit, had another bath and back to bed.  Day 3 she probably drank about 14oz if you include a 6oz drinkable yogurt she had for breakfast.


Day 4 the morning sobbing got better after about a half hour. Then she wanted to eat.  She ate some oatmeal and drank a tiny bit.  She was in a decent mood in the morning and then I laid her down for her nap with some tylenol.  She talked for a bit then went to sleep.  She again woke up sobbing.  This time it took awhile for her to calm down and I'm glad she eventually did because we were heading to her cousins (Grey and Ashby) to go trick or treating!


She ate dinner (2 pieces of pieces), drank some water, had bites of my tortilla and then a kit kat.  She drank about 16oz today, if I were to guess.  She drank about 6 of them of milk on the way home before bed.


A paper the doctor gave us says that days 5-8 can be the toughest.  So, until we get out of the 2 week window of her being in pain I won't relax!


No comments: