Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013



Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  I love all the food, family and plus we are reminded that we should stop and be thankful.  I try to be thankful for things all year-round and am even more reminded of how thankful I am now that I have a little one.  I try to tell her thank you all the time, when she is well behaved, playing on her own, just generally being a good girl.  This year we are especially thankful because we have one feisty child and we are thankful to have another child on the way.  This year also brought Pedro a new job closer to home by more than an hour each way.  We have many more things to be thankful for and hopefully at the end of each day I remember to be thankful for most of the things in our lives.

Thanksgiving this year was held at my mom's house.  We started the morning like every other morning, Pedro, Zuri and I headed to the gym for a workout.  After working out we had to hurry home and head to my mom's house with hopes that Zuri would lay down for an afternoon nap at her house.  We wanted her to nap there because everyone was coming over around 4:00pm and since she is usually (when she actually goes to sleep) sleeping at that time and so I wanted her to be happy and rested.




We got to my mom's and we laid her down and of course, she choose not to take a nap.  Pretty sure she just talked in the pack and play for about 2 hours.  I got her up as people were arriving and she was happy and ready to go!




We had a great dinner and most of the family was there (no Kory's family or Craig's).  Zuri ate some and then we decided to play a game.  While playing the game Zuri discovered the brownies that were in the kitchen.  She would leave and return with a brownie.  She would walk up to me and say "MMMMMM!"  Definitely a sweet tooth like me!  After two of these I told her she couldn't have any more.  Awhile later she had another one!  She showed me and I told her she couldn't have it so she ran away from me!  I found her in the kitchen hiding and when I walked up to take it she took a big bite out of it and handed it to me, that little devil.

After all the dessert eating, I gave her a bath and got her in her pajamas and we left around 8:15pm.  She actually fell asleep in the car, which never happens at night and then when we got home she didn't wake up when I took her out of her carseat and put her to bed.  I even had to take her sweatshirt off.  This may sound like something normal to most people but in nearly 2 years Zuri has never once done this, she never sleeps in the car at night (but would at nap time) and always wakes up when I take her out of the car.  She was definitely exhausted from the day.

We all had a good time!

No comments: