Sunday, January 26, 2014

23 Weeks #2

I'm 23 weeks, almost 24 weeks pregnant.  It's really scary that I'm way past the half way point in the pregnancy.  I keep thinking in 16 weeks or less our new little girl will be here.  Being pregnant a second time makes you excited, scared and tired all at once.  I know that having a newborn is exhausting.  I am definitely not looking forward to those days.  I also know that the newborn stage does really go by quickly and we can make it through!  I'm hoping my little one has pretty good sleeping habits like her sister because I am really enjoying my nights right now!

I still feel "normal" except the large belly.  I find myself forgetting how big it is already!

Here I was at the beginning of 23 weeks with Baby #2


Here I was at 22 weeks when I was pregnant with Zuri


I think I am about the same size now as I was then.  Weight gain is still almost exactly the same both pregnancies, which is so weird.  Looks like I might be carrying a bit lower this pregnancy.  This pregnancy is so different in how my days work than it was before Zuri.  My first pregnancy I went to bed around 12 or 1am, got up whenever I felt like it, maybe 10:30ish.  Worked out some, napped some and did basketball.  Now I am in bed much earlier, 9:45 or so, asleep by 10:45.  I get up at 7:45 with Zuri, we make breakfast, we play a little, we go to the gym, come home, eat, hopefully she naps, which is when I nap or get other things done.  She gets up, we run errands, play or do other things, then do her bedtime routine.  In other words, life is a bit more busy.  I am getting a little worried how adding a second persons schedule to our lives will change us!  I know with a second child I will have to be more flexible with their schedule, because with a toddler that loves to "go, go, go", we have to find some balance.  Zuri is definitely attached to me all the time and doesn't really want anyone else to do anything for her, so hopefully she learns to accept Pedro as help sometimes, or the baby is fine with Pedro.  I am imagining lugging around a 30lb toddler and a newborn all at the same time.  But I'm sure I will figure it out, that's what mom's do right?!

This baby is very active compared to Zuri.  She likes to kick all the time.  Pretty much any time I sit down or lay down, I get a good amount of kicking.  It's pretty fun.  You can tell she has gotten bigger because she kicks my ribs now, which is such a weird feeling.

Baby info:
Day's pregnant: 167
Day's till due date: 113!
Baby Size:  11.5 inches (Large mango) and 1.1 lbs
Baby is now more proportioned from head size to the rest of the body
Workouts: Still going great!


No comments: